Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: contributors for UCD Philosophy Society Magazine

Options
  • 14-06-2005 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi all.I'd like to invite you to share your thoughts... Last year, Philosophy Society UCD produced 1,000 copies of a 40 page, glossy magazine.The result was nominated in student awards, Smedias ... We're putting together another this year. Anyone interested, feel free to send any submissions to philsoc@campus.ie or check out last year's magazine at http://netsoc.ucd.ie/~philsoc/journal.php. please pm me with any queries, etc. Thanks :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Is there any particular type of submission you'd be looking for, or are you just looking for people to write about anything that springs to mind? About how many words in total would you be looking for the submissions to be? Is it only open to current UCD students, or can past pupils contribute too? I'll stop asking questions now! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 kohima

No worries there, we're an equal opportunities employer, so no criteria. We'd taken to advertising more extensively this time in the hope of attracting a wider range of material to give the magazine a more universal appeal.Although some of our articles will be short stories or articles with a philsophical thread, this isn't expected...although many do wax philosophical these days. I guess anything vaguely linked to UCD, student life, current affairs/issues, etc. is certainly welcome given our market...but you've ultimate artistic license in that sense.

Also: youth culture, travel, politics, need i say more?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

sure i might place my rantings there if they're allowed :D

Advertisement