Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French (H)

Options

Comments

Aye, I did something similar for the first comprehension. Then got to the last question and just went "oh..."

I'd done it in pencil though luckily, so I was able to fix it up. Think the rest of my timing suffered a bit cos of it though.

I did it in pencil too. Then I noticed when time ran out that it said on the front, "Must be written in pen". :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Yeah, I went over it in pen afterwards. Just did it in pencil first in case I made any mistakes (thankfully...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

But usually is. :)

Don't mean to be having a go at you but...no...not in French, I made this mistake in the mocks.

More words = more room for error and, in French, for some obscure reason, they become VERY unforgiving about errors when you go above, say, 20 words of the limit. Check the examiners report if you can for more... it's cardinal sin zone apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ashdabash

I thought i did alrite but now im kinda tinkin i did sh!t!!i thought dat d aural woz really hard d 1st 1 went alrite but went downhill from thierry!! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

NoelRock wrote:
    Don't mean to be having a go at you but...no...not in French, I made this mistake in the mocks.

More words = more room for error and, in French, for some obscure reason, they become VERY unforgiving about errors when you go above, say, 20 words of the limit. Check the examiners report if you can for more... it's cardinal sin zone apparently.
    Das is true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Alan G

Wasn't bad - I did the Q on Heroes & brought Drugs in Sport into it and sporting heroes being the heroes but not anymore beacuse of la Drogue....
    Also, did the Q on Irelands streets - disagreed & brought in pollution & the environment!!
    The aural was alright though - I'm usually **** at that so.... Must have been some bit easy!!!

Yeah, I went over it in pen afterwards. Just did it in pencil first in case I made any mistakes (thankfully...)

I didn't! :( Hopefully it won't affect my grade.

NoelRock wrote:

Yes that's probably true. I don't think I made a lot of grammatical errors though so hopefully I'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I didn't! :( Hopefully it won't affect my grade.

I doubt it will - don't worry. Glad to read that they moved you for your aural by the way.

Best of luck all - virtually my last day tomorrow :D Yippie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

Yes that's probably true. I don't think I made a lot of grammatical errors though so hopefully I'll be fine.

Id say you did

• Advertisement

NoelRock wrote:
    I doubt it will - don't worry. Glad to read that they moved you for your aural by the way.

Thanks!

I still have 5 more tests! Hoorah!

Good luck tomorrow. :)

|Maestro| wrote:
    Id say you did

Well that's not a very nice thing to say. :(

You've ruined my day! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

griffdaddy wrote:
    i know if when i wrote to my principal in really life i very much used the formal registrar.

i dont talk like that usually! has anyone noticed that the leaving makes you so mentaly drained that you mess up words when you're speaking all the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Im ok with the speaking thing, but I am totally drained. It first hit me after the first day with English. My hand was sore and Im allergic to something in the exam hall so im contantly sneezing and my nose is running!! ahh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

What are ye all hoping for in french? I was certain for a B going into the listening...i thought. I totally failed the aural so its in the balance, C/B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I got an A1 in the pre, so hoping to repeat this with an A1 / A2 or B1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

NoelRock wrote:

my actual last day tmro!!!woohoo :D french was soo bad but still better then my mock got a d in dat n think mite of gotten a C dont care though its over n thats the only thing that matters!!good luvk t everyone in wats left n d girl wit d recurrin nightmare thing.....RELAX its nearly over an geog IS over!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Groovychick

Didn't like the comprehensions at all! the tape was ok, i made a mess of the question on hero's in the writing but everything else was ok!!
    I wrote my comprehensions and aural in pencil too! hope they don't take marks off!!!! :eek:

I have almost a whole week off now until my next test. Can't wait accounting on monday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

Can any1 remember what was the answer for the subject that Gerard was finding difficult (or something like that) in section1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

Cotsy wrote:
    Can any1 remember what was the answer for the subject that Gerard was finding difficult (or something like that) in section1?

Well I wrote something like his "langue maternelle", I don't know if that's right though. Overall, I thought the paper was fine. The aural was easier than previous years, but I'd say I didn't do as good as I did in the mocks because I only lost 2 marks in the mocks. There were a few bits that I didn't get :(. I found the first comprehension hard, but the second one okay. I actually had all of the three discussion topics I did (role of mother, school changes and irish towns) prepared in advance, luckily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

ye i wrote that too, i guess it implied french?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I understood both comprehensions and I thought the second comprehension was a really intresting idea. Unfortunetley the questions were a bit tricky. Remember in Comp 1 it had some word and gave u a multiple choice of what it meant? I guessed (d), any ideas. I thought the Aural was easy, pretty sure I got the full 80 marks as I understood everything that was said.
    I have almost a whole week off now until my next test. Can't wait accounting on monday! :D
    Me too! can`t wait for that, its my top subject and there are rarely any big suprisews in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I understood both comprehensions and I thought the second comprehension was a really intresting idea. Unfortunetley the questions were a bit tricky. Remember in Comp 1 it had some word and gave u a multiple choice of what it meant? I guessed (d), any ideas. I thought the Aural was easy, pretty sure I got the full 80 marks as I understood everything that was said.

I rote on the role of woman, did pretty good I think but now I can`t remember what other written pieces I did. I remember giving 6 a lash but only giving a meaty answer for at least one, maybe two ****e!
    Me too! can`t wait for that, its my top subject and there are rarely any big suprisews in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Did i do the english part of the first comprehension wrong?
    I wrote saying that it in my opinion french are not spoilt because blah blah blah blah.
    is that wrong?
    oh and i think it might of been c for that question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

Regarding what the comprehension in Q2 was about,i thought it was pretty straightforward. A kid in some nice, non-war stricken place asks his mam about the war he sees on the TV. For the second half a kid in the war-stricken zone asks his mam what peace is. At the end of the second piece a camera man films the mam and kid in the war zone place, which is probably what the first boy was watching on TV. Yeah????

EDIT: Yeah i also said C, it was definitely that or B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭sixdraw

that embauche actually means to employ or was employed in that context. (d) means he got paid really well for work or a job which was the only one that explained "employed" in any sense i thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 d_mac

I guessed (c) as well. I found the meaning of the actual word clear but thought none of the options exactly described what it meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

ya that was impossible to decipher the options, i also guessed c but was so unsure...another thing was- what detail showed that they were not in a war zone? it was meant to be from section 1 and all i could find for it was in section2 , iwhackedded something down alright though...im so exhausted! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Oakbark

yes that question was very much one you had to make up yourself, there wasn't any clear phrase to prove it in S1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gaagirl

whoah there. back to the whole writing in pencil thing... quoi the fcuk??? i wrote the WHOLE paper in french and didnt know ur not allowed. .. can u be docked maarks or what for it. if i do bad im gonna get rechecked coz i did a darn good paper otherwise..... :eek:

Advertisement