Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French (H)

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Voltemand

A1 in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

oh MERDE. Just read in the newspaper that 4(b) was about gambling. I thought it was about video games! It was very deceiving...does anybody think they might let me away with it(among countless others no doubt who would have made the same mistake)? Hopefully all the teachers complain about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Macka

I reckon my oral will bring me down curses cos that paper was sooo easy. I've gotten so used to answering whole papers that French just doesn't worry me anymore and since my class have been doind L.C. aurals in class since 3rd year that was so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

OTliddy wrote:
    oh MERDE. Just read in the newspaper that 4(b) was about gambling. I thought it was about video games! It was very deceiving...does anybody think they might let me away with it(among countless others no doubt who would have made the same mistake)? Hopefully all the teachers complain about it.

Did the exact same, i mean how could you not make the mistake there was a picture of a gamecube and of an N64 controller whats that got to do with gambling! Maybe the papers are wrong. Did any1 actually do it on Gambling????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

I did question 4b...can't say I'm worried - I always lose a lot of marks on the written comprehensions - I wouldn't be surprised if this was marked MUCH easier (after all, who puts a gamecube/xbox hybrid into an article about gambling? seems as though the examiners didn't know what they were doing either)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

NoelRock wrote:
    Don't mean to be having a go at you but...no...not in French, I made this mistake in the mocks.

More words = more room for error and, in French, for some obscure reason, they become VERY unforgiving about errors when you go above, say, 20 words of the limit. Check the examiners report if you can for more... it's cardinal sin zone apparently.

Bumping this topic from way back when to say...when we got our mock papers back, the examiner had written a whole load of stuff about how you can't go over the limit and given loads of us 0 marks for comprehensions that were too long. A swiss girl in my class, completely fluent in French, got a C - that should tell you how crazy the marking was. At which point the teacher told us the examiner was full of **** and didn't know what she was talking about, that there's no "upper limit" on how much you can write; and she's been teaching French for 25 years and helps make up the marking scheme each year, so I'm guessing she knows her ****.

Writing too much is bad if you're not great at French, 'cause you're basically just making more and more mistakes and lowering your overall mark. But if you can handle it, there's no reason why you shouldn't write 200 words on the 120-word comp and 150 on each of the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

On the other hand, as I found out in the pre, if you are good at French write as much as you can. Coz I noticed that for any little mistake that I made or spelling mistake they dont take much notice of it if you write well over the 90 mots. Coz we'll say i made about 15 speilling mistakes in the compulsory question in the pre and still got 38/40 for writing so much.

Advertisement