Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Paper

Options
  • 14-06-2005 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

So what did you guys think? I found it hard, I was p!ssed off that neither letters or notes came up, and I generally just wrote a terrible paper. I found the first two sections of the listening ok enough but the third I found impossible as with the fourth. So yeah I'm pretty sure I failed which means that I can't go to UCD :mad: . I'm so p!ssed off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

H or O ? The ordinary paper was the easiest i've seen in years. The comprehensions were practically shouting the answer at you and the other two sections were fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

agreed o level was sweet did both a and both b and finished all the reading comprehensions looked over the paper 2 twice and was out at 10:50. our listning test messed up the cd was scratched to bits so the examiner had to change the cd and she sed she was doing up a report on it and we would prolly get extra marks for it trowning us off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Sorry Higher, I forgot to mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I was so banking on a formal letter for higher, can't believe there wasn't any. The comprehensions were ok I thought, didn't do too great on the written production though, but I suppose it could've been worse. Listening started off grand, thought it was simple until the 3rd and 4th parts...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭jacksie

i thought teh first 2 comps were a balls, but teh aural was easy and teh comps - hard to predict how i got on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

I do higher.I thought it couldve been a lot worse, wish a letter hadve come up, but overall it was ok.

i found the aural nasty thought, and i normally never do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

I treated the "you left school for the last time, write to director of school about it etc" as a formal type note...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

grasshopa wrote:
    I treated the "you left school for the last time, write to director of school about it etc" as a formal type note...

likewise, as far as i'm concerned writing to a principal is formal, it's not like you're gonna say; 'how're ya gerry? i hope you're well. the food is crap in cafeteria bla bla bla'

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

i think the principle thing was supposed to be formal cause it said "votre" in the question..

that paper went pretty good for me cause i hadnt studied anythin and opinion work is the only thing i can write so i was so lucky to have so much choice.. the topics were really broad aswell

comprehensions were so-so and listenin was good at the start but turned to shyte.. im happy cause i was super-worried bitu failin before but ended up passin pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

damn i never copped dat d u think i'll lose marks i did it as a normal reaction Q just my three paragraphs an conclusion??also my french was prob sh!!!!te but oh well dat stupid language is over an i never have t speak it again!!WOOHOO :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 ashdabash

o Sh*t wer u meant 2 put d skool ting in letter format i jst did an opinion wit really bad french?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I couldnt have asked for a better paper myself! Essays were excellent, so much choice and so easy to talk about. I filled up all lines provided for those essays writing well over the "90 mots" required. Comprehensions were easier then any other years i've seen, tape was a cinch compared with other years. Yeah it was great.

Advertisement