Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xfire and BF2

Options
  • 14-06-2005 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Ok thought it would be best to start a thread on this......when Im on xfire and I see someone of my friends are playing it wont allow me to connect to there game even though I know they are on a server.....e.g. one of guy from clan was on TIG's server last nite.......when I tried to connect by right clicking on his name it had Join Game greyed out.....has anyone had this problem???

Also virus warning for xfire users....

Dear xfire users, this is just a notice of caution to all people.If anyone by the name Tom Clancy asks you to add him to your friends list, just say NO. He will hack your computer using the latest versions of hacks.The thing Tom Clancy does does is he goes on your xfire if your password happens to be saved.So the only thing we can do to stop Tom is to just avoid him as much as possible. Please pass this to as many people as you can.
    - signed the Xfire Staff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The TiG server was pw'd for a bit last night (think some of the NRG lads were still on though). Could that have been it? I don't use XFire myself so I don't know much.

Its poissible it has the same probs as ASE does with the game, have you heard of anyone able to connect to server through XFire?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Nelly is it not something to do with it's own browser they have or are coming up with? Seemingly it wont allow xfire to attach to itsself to the game. Or else it's because it's a demo and the full retail game will allow it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Wasnt the password Jim.....just came on here and got IP and connected manually....its just Im a lazy bast**d and easier to join through xfire.... :D

As fightin said it is probably because it is just a demo so it wont work correctly with xfire.....there should be no probs with full game.......Was just wondering if it was my own PC but must be everyone having the same problem........now just release it will ya EA.....haha!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

im pretty sure its just cause of the demo nelly, i cant connect that way either, though i wish i could, cause the ingame menu is such a pile of bollocks... :rolleyes:

oh yeah and whats the deal with all you TiGgers being snipers?? lol..every bloody one of you runnin around with sniper rifles and hangin around the crane ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You cant join BF2 servers with a comand line, means only ingame or gamecenter will work.

People are currently working on workarounds.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

KdjaC wrote:
    You cant join BF2 servers with a comand line, means only ingame or gamecenter will work.

People are currently working on workarounds.

kdjac
    They should have been out within hours of the demo release.
    Slackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They should have been out within hours of the demo release.
    Slackers.

LOL dont allow new filters only modding existing ones, and the command line thing is a bitch.

Have one you can try works for some not for others.

kdjac

Advertisement