Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol Licence

Options
  • 14-06-2005 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

thinking about it wondering about a few things

How much would you get a decent second hand pistol for

I'm 17 never had a licence before but i have 2 guns licenced in my fathers name which i use im gonna get the shotgun put in my name when it comes up for renewal. I dont know if theres any ranges around but if i find one and get permission to use it would i be granted a licence. Also do you have to have a range or could i get permission to use it on a farmers land

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

Tbh, I wouldn't get your hopes up. The odds of licences being given out for pistols to beginner shooters are very small indeed. I can't say I disagree with this.

Get some experience with the shotguns, maybe with rifles for a while, before committing to what is a demanding and expensive sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

well ive being shooting with the shotgun for 2-3 years just got the rifle and waiting for the scope to come before i start shooting with it thing is i never really bothered to get them put in my name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

well ive being shooting with the shotgun for 2-3 years just got the rifle and waiting for the scope to come before i start shooting with it thing is i never really bothered to get them put in my name

If you have not got the firearms in your name you cannot legally use them , if you are stopped by the Gardai they can arrest you and will definitely confiscate the firearms that are in your possession . If I was you i would apply for secondary licences on both of the current firearms that you are using , URGENTLY ! Personally I dont think that you would get a pistol licence , your age and lack of experiance would go against you , but that said , there are no clear cut rules for getting a pistol. :(

Advertisement