Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French Paper Verdict

Options
  • 14-06-2005 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Just Wonderin what ye all thought??

French Verdict?? 33 votes

Easiest Paper In Years Aced It
    0% 0 votes
    Grand Fair Paper Understood Everything
    24% 8 votes
    Ok Difficult Parts But Least I didnt Fail
    51% 17 votes
    Tough Paper Shocking
    21% 7 votes
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    3% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

The lack of a letter was a bit of a curveball but I just rehashed my oral in Q1 written and translated my Irish essay about problems in school (shortened version) for Q2. Q3 was grand easy to disagree with that psychologist guy (if everyone did nothing, nothing would work. Very "intelligent" :rolleyes: ). Q4 (b) looked a bit weird can't remember what (a) was but didn't do it anyway.

One or two awkward questions in the comprehensions (what the hell did television contribute to the kid in the warzone's life lin Comprehension 2? Please say a chance to escape!) And what did you say about the lack of statistics in Question 1? There was no lack of them, they were everywhere! I just disagreed and gave two examples, do you reckon that's ok?

Anyway the aural was a cinch, I think that's because I've trained myself over the last two years to understand my teacher's extremely muffled 40 year old tape player and the thing was on CD.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I failed most likely, I suppose that's what you get for not studying french ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

hehehe.......

Oh wait.....what am i laughing for?

Oh it's cause I now have at least one person to talk to in my boat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Breezer wrote:
    The lack of a letter was a bit of a curveball but I just rehashed my oral in Q1 written and translated my Irish essay about problems in school (shortened version) for Q2. Q3 was grand easy to disagree with that psychologist guy (if everyone did nothing, nothing would work. Very "intelligent" :rolleyes: ). Q4 (b) looked a bit weird can't remember what (a) was but didn't do it anyway.

One or two awkward questions in the comprehensions (what the hell did television contribute to the kid in the warzone's life lin Comprehension 2? Please say a chance to escape!) And what did you say about the lack of statistics in Question 1? There was no lack of them, they were everywhere! I just disagreed and gave two examples, do you reckon that's ok?

Anyway the aural was a cinch, I think that's because I've trained myself over the last two years to understand my teacher's extremely muffled 40 year old tape player and the thing was on CD.
    In the warzone kid's life, it was a distraction too, but this time from the harsh reality of what his true life was.

Regarding the statistics, I took the exact same route as yourself, there was nothing but facts and figures in that article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jo_u_know

I thought those Comprehensions were pretty awful but sayin that d written wasnt too bad!For Quest1(b) about role of mothers that was ok. My grinds teacher hd predicted that d enviromental question+technology question would cum up...shame though dat they both appeared in the same quest!!!
    Overall...i thought it was fair enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

I thought that role of a mother question wud b kinda hard! I did the other bit about grass being greener on other side...

Then i did the diary entry about everything costing too much (which i thought was a bit strange topic for a diary entry)

Then i did the question about being lazy but i didn't really like any of the topics they asked!

Hereos? Crap
    Towns? Crap
    I was going to do the thing about the toys and technology and say computer games contribute to obesity... la la la but cudn b bothered tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

I done grass is greener, talked about ppl looking at "les vedettes" on TV and wanting to be like them thinking their life is easier, but disagreed myself that grass is green on the other side saying im happy with my life and all that.
    Done the diary entry of being out and running out of money, couldnt afford taxi home, mother was mad when got home late.
    Done the heroes, talked about joining "Les Jeux Mondiaux Des Special Olympics" as a volunteer and seeing how they lived their lives "malgré les difficultés considerablés" and they are my heroes coz they made me realised "que je suis priviligiés, j'ai de la chance, Rouspeter, se plaindre, critiquer, cela ne vaut pas la peine!" and that ppl shouldnt look to stars on TV as their heroes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I just wanna know if i fooked this one up....was doing the ordinary paper, and after the four comp's,there's A,B and C. Now, i read the thing and could've sworn that it said "pick two from A,B and C..." heck, i even asked the supervisor as i was handing it up(to make sure) and he agreed. But when i got outside, i was talking to one of the lads and i asked him which 2 he picked...his reaction told me i ****ed up!!

Advertisement