Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another BF2 Server

Options
  • 14-06-2005 2:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I've got a BF2 Demo server running on games4.iol.ie with no timelimit and unlocked weapons.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Just got my 6600gt so I'll give it a shout tonight. It's 32 player yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Should be 64

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Oh cool cool. What are the chances of any servers actually running 255 player servers when the full version comes out? It seems that number of players would be crippling. TiG was being extremely jumpy last night with low pings and a max of 18 players online....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's because the tig one is dire. The iol should be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shanery

Was on it on my own there for a bit. Attempted to fly across the sea. Crashed. 30 odd times. :)

Flying is hard to say the least. I suppose it'd be best to let the guys who've mastered it from the first games to be the pilots.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

been trying to fly meself, wtf i can barely take off thought there was something with my joystick

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Shanery wrote:
    Was on it on my own there for a bit. Attempted to fly across the sea. Crashed. 30 odd times. :)

Flying is hard to say the least. I suppose it'd be best to let the guys who've mastered it from the first games to be the pilots.

I was great at flying in the first game but I cant stay in the air for long in this one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I wasn't too bad with BFV choppers but im all over the place in BF2. They are incredibly unstable at times. I reckin Joystick may be the only way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Joysticks definitely the way to go with this, been using joystick since bf1942 and never looked back, but I reckon using mouse and keyboard in bf2 would be like trying to steer a cow...

Handy to have another Irish server as well, the TiG server was jammers earlier, pitty there was aonly 3-4 of us in the IOL one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I can fly like tom cruise in top gun ... (note: watch top gun tonight) with a keyboard and mouse. Not too shabby with the choppers either.

Tip: Go into your options and go to plane and helicopter controls and invert the mouse in them, it will be much easier to fly then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

any chance of the actual IP of that server as it's not showing up for me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

type games4.iol.ie into the game

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I can fly like tom cruise in top gun ... (note: watch top gun tonight) with a keyboard and mouse. Not too shabby with the choppers either.

Tip: Go into your options and go to plane and helicopter controls and invert the mouse in them, it will be much easier to fly then.

Yup definitly the way to go, i'm pretty crap with the planes but i'm a master with the choppers. Keyboard and mouse with inverted mouse.

jonski wrote:

it will resolve games4.iol.ie in the IP box for you

KdjaC wrote:
    type games4.iol.ie into the game

kdjac

Hmmm , I had thought that aswell , and tried it before I posted but it didn't work . Probably a problem with my connection , thanks for the answer as it clears that aspect of it up .

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Flying is easy. The green sea, invisable tanks... but heck, I still get to kill people. The embarassment! Getting killed by someone with a GF4 (me) flying behind them!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,064 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

jonski wrote:

# IOL - Games4.iol.ie / 193.120.123.133:16567

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

You killed me 3 times tonight on the TiG server you bugger! (K9r-77)

Tusky wrote:
    # IOL - Games4.iol.ie / 193.120.123.133:16567

excellent , thanks alot , will give it a go in the morning as divorce seems to be on the cards atm :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Where is the option to invert? I tried to last nite and kept getting errors about the control was already been used somewhere else......I can fly like a mad man in BFV and PoE which seems to have the closest planes for flying to BF2.....just cant get used to the controls.....kept trying to fly like BFV and go head first into a hill :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

the_syco wrote:
    Flying is easy. The green sea, invisable tanks... but heck, I still get to kill people. The embarassment! Getting killed by someone with a GF4 (me) flying behind them!

Which Gf4 is that. Probably all the same. As I said in the game I was in yesterday evening at about 6. My laptop was going to keel over. Fan was working overtime on it. Was'nt on the iol server only TIG. Pretty cool getting ping of about 40-50.

/edit

I also cant fly for ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

petes wrote:
    Which Gf4 is that. Probably all the same.
    GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64MB.
    You killed me 3 times tonight on the TiG server you bugger! (K9r-77)
    Hehe. Your plane was the only one I could shoot down. Anything else either goes to slow, or throws out flares when I get a lock.
    Big Nelly wrote:
    Where is the option to invert?
    In options, in Controls, under the "Aircraft" option, at the bottom left of the screen. I'll try to put up a picture if i can.

/edit

Big Nelly, see below:
    invertmouse5ox.th.jpg

the_syco wrote:
    In options, in Controls, under the "Aircraft" option, at the bottom left of the screen. I'll try to put up a picture if i can.

Think this might have something to do with me not being able to fly. Must invert.

the_syco wrote:

Class.....cant wait to get home now to try this out....crashed so many times last nite just left it and went on the ground....still didnt do too bad!!

Big Nelly wrote:
    Class.....cant wait to get home now to try this out....crashed so many times last nite just left it and went on the ground....still didnt do too bad!!

Just have to wait 25mins and ill play in work at lunch :D Hopefully I can actually take off.

petes wrote:
    Just have to wait 25mins and ill play in work at lunch :D Hopefully I can actually take off.

No fair....lol.....PC in work here wouldnt have a fecking hope of running it.....GC is a Intel 82845G Graphics Controller......wat u think it would look like if I tried to run it.....haha......put on Enemy Territory before and was constantly crashing so no hope.....must try IOL server tonite if many online!!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Yeah, it's very strange the way they changed the controls for heli's/plane but as soon as I copped that that was the problem and inverted the mouse it felt like DC again <3

Nice one with the new server rev I'll be giving it a go soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Glad to see the community is picking up again.

• Advertisement

Glad to see the community is picking up again.

And this is only the Demo.....wait till the full game is released.....it will be bedlam.....haha!!

Advertisement