Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lost license..procedure?

Options
  • 14-06-2005 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

I lost my provisional license there about 6 months ago.
    I need my license back now cos I want to get on the road again.
    I think it is out of date too.
    It is my second provisional license.
    Does anyone know the procedure for getting a new license?
    I know that if you lose your license, you have to go to the guards, tell them, fill out a form and have 2 passport photos, but is it the same if the license is out of date?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

hey dawballz I lost my license too and It went out of date about a month ago. all I did was apply for a new prov. license but instead of giving in my old provisional (that I lost) which your supposed to do I got a signed form for the lost one off the guards and handed that instead. It was no problem and I had my new license within a week. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭dawballz

Ok I will try that, thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You need to get a D800 form signed by a Garda.

If the licence is out of date it's the full cost of a new licence and the D800 must have a provisional application with it.

If the license is not out of date it's 5 euro.

In your case becasue you have had your second provo licence expire you can only get a one year provo license (3rd Provo). To get this you'll need the D800 + a new provo application + proof of applying for your driving test.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

No that that has been answered....

I've lost my insurance certificate. I've changed cars since, and to get the cert for the new car, i have to send the disc and the old cert, which i've lost. Should this be a problem?

Bluetonic wrote:
    You need to get a D800 form signed by a Garda.

If the licence is out of date it's the full cost of a new licence and the D800 must have a provisional application with it.

If the license is not out of date it's 5 euro.

In your case becasue you have had your second provo licence expire you can only get a one year provo license (3rd Provo). To get this you'll need the D800 + a new provo application + proof of applying for your driving test.

Ok, but my first license, I lost that too. So really, the second license was only a copy of the first, if you get me.

Also, It is a bike license, not a car license. Do I still have to apply for the bike test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

kermit_ie wrote:
    No that that has been answered....

I've lost my insurance certificate. I've changed cars since, and to get the cert for the new car, i have to send the disc and the old cert, which i've lost. Should this be a problem?
    You'll need to ring your insurance company and tell them you've lost the originals. They may ask you to get a letter from the Garda Station or something.

lol, I lost my NCB cert too :/

I normally never lose anything. Guess I just have bad luck when it comes to motoring.

Advertisement