Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line failing..

• 14-06-2005 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi broadband has just been enabled in the town where I work and I rang Eircom to confirm this. The lady on the phone told me that the line failed when I gave her the phone number and that we will not be able to get broadband :mad: :mad: Now I know this is complete crap so I'm looking for your advice as to what I can do to get broadband in work... :confused: Thanks in advance.. :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

If you live within 4km of the exchange, and don't have a splitter on your line you may be able to get the line passed using the Amber Program.

McRedmond (Eircom's Commercial Director) has announced that if you fit these parameters they will try to fix the line for you. However it doesn't look as if they have told the bods on the phones so you may need to push to find someone who knows what is going on with this program.

Good Luck

M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

God where I work is no more than 400 or 500 metres away from the exchange! What is the Amber Program?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

God where I work is no more than 400 or 500 metres away from the exchange! What is the Amber Program?

Not a clue what the amber project is to be honest, if you search around this forum you will find the official press release from eircom however nobody on eircom sales knows about it and it just seems to of been one of many broken promises from eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

ya just read something about it there! It doesn't seem to be very promising if you ask me!

Advertisement