Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upload Speeds!!!

• 14-06-2005 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Anyone think we will ever get a upload speed upgrade?
    the bloody upload speeds we have right now r third bloody world like.
    3md down and 215kb`s up or something thats a joke :mad:

Right now im with digiweb(dsl) iv no probs with my connection or anything
    like that, but what are my options if i want a better upload speed?

Eminem Tickets Wanted

:D:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Digiweb do 215k up? Count yourself lucky you're on on eircom/bt/utv with only 128k...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

ricey wrote:
    what are my options if i want a better upload speed?

erm.... none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

ibb :D 2mb down and up and free installation until 30th of june

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

NTL BB Max, 3mb down, 300kb up for €45 per month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Just what i want but its only dublin so im screwed with ibb.

So basicly there are sweet fuk all i can do, what a **** hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

ricey wrote:
    Just what i want but its only dublin so im screwed with ibb.

So basicly there are sweet fuk all i can do, what a **** hole.
    IBB recently went live in Limerick. Ring them (dont bother emailing them) about masts in your area.

As for upload speeds. A lot of exchanges in Ireland are equipped with inferior DSL equipment that only support a maximum of 128k upload. Eircom are only starting to upgrade the Dublin area to ADSL2+ now, with the rest of the country following within, say, the next 15 years \o/ .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Leap offer SDSL (same speed up and down) and Smart have some interesting business offerings...

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

move to dungarvan m8 :D

I am with cablesurf, i get almost 10mbs down and close to 600kbs upload, all for only e40 a month with no cap

****(screenshot of cablesurf speed)****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

heard about that service - how do you find it - heard rumours its not as good as it sounds - flakey service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

thats when it works!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fionn_McCool

heard about that service - how do you find it - heard rumours its not as good as it sounds - flakey service?

no man, the service is incredibly good, if there was anything a bit bad, it would be that if you want an changing ip, that they are bad at doing it regularly, ip only changes once ever 2-3 week, although if you want a static ip, they have no bother, just one phone call and its done

how do you find it? well it is service only available to the people which recieve cable T.V of them also, although they are soon changing to digital, by the end of the summer, but because you can't split the digital signal, they will still give you the cable signal, so you can have digital on your mainb T.V an cable T.V on the rest of your T.V's, which you can split no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

pity they can't expand their services and kill off eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

There's regualatory reasons for such caps on home users, apparently. What do you WANT fast upload for, anyway, tho? From their point of view, there's no good reason for you to have it; you'll either be doing file sharing, or hosting a server, or something else they forbid anyway.

Tho I must admit doing VPN over Eircom Home Starter drives me mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

rsynnott wrote:
    There's regualatory reasons for such caps on home users, apparently. What do you WANT fast upload for, anyway, tho? From their point of view, there's no good reason for you to have it; you'll either be doing file sharing, or hosting a server, or something else they forbid anyway.

Tho I must admit doing VPN over Eircom Home Starter drives me mad!
    It's probably VOIP that they're concerned about.

Advertisement