Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Treo 650 supported?

• 14-06-2005 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Do any of the Irish Mobile Operators sell the Treo 650
    http://tinyurl.com/d9o8e
    I can't seem to find any info on the o2 and VF sites.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

currently none of the Irish operators sell it, but it is available from other sources as a SIM free handset (it's not cheap though)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sparowhawk360

So potentially I could buy a SIM- free version. Install my o2 sim and at least use the phone functionality? I presume I wouldn't be able to use the email fucntionality? Even my 02 Sony Erricsson can't do that (though it's supposed to!).

if it is set up right you should use most/all of its functionality...

what SE handset have you got, and are you pre/post pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

i put my sim into a treo 600 (vodafone sim)

The only thing i couldnt do was use vodafone live for obious reasons

worked great and im sure the 650 would work the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sparowhawk360

• Advertisement

I'm using the T630

are you on a post-pay contract / bill or are you pre-pay speakeasy / top-ups?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

If you are able to pick up a locked Treo 650, I can sort you out for unlocking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Spitfire

In Dundrum Shopping Centre Treo 650 for sale in Vodaphone shop.
    Will be purchasing one soon.
    Prices look reasonable €519 or €549 depending on contracted minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

are you on a post-pay contract / bill or are you pre-pay speakeasy / top-ups?

Sorry to drag this up but I was hoping you could answer a question for me. I'm looking at getting a Treo 650 and am currently on O2 speakeasy. Would my SIM card work in an unlocked Treo for use in Ireland? I could live without email but I would need to use voice and texting.

Thanks.

Outshined,
    I bought my Treo from Vodafone in Dundrum and the phone was not SIM locked. Because of f*** ups by Vodafone I ended up using my Meteor SIM for over a month with absolutely no issues. When Vodafone finally sorted out my SIM I dropped it in and started using their services with no changes.

Hope that helps.
    Spitfire

• Advertisement

It does, thanks Spitfire. I presume your Meteor SIM is a top-up one?

Could I ask you, if you had make the purchase again would you go for the Treo again? I've been looking at a couple of Mobile/PDA combos and I'm leaning towards the Treo but haven't spoken to anyone who's used one regularly.

Thanks again.

Outshined,
    No Meteor SIM was post pay.
    As for my opinion of the Treo.
    As a longtime Palm user it was a logical extension from the Sony Clie that I previously owned. I looked at but did not consider the Sony Nokia smart phones as they were different OS's. I would purchase the Treo again if I needed a smart phone.

Plus's
    Not having to carry to units (PDA and Phone) around.

Minus's
    These are minor in reality
    Small screen size for documents and spreadsheets.
    Overall unit size (mutually exclusive with above)

Hope that helps.
    Regards,
    Spitfire

Thanks for taking the time to respond to that Spitfire. I'm feeling happier about getting one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bluboxthief

the treo 650 i bought (GSM unlocked) i have works with vodafone contract SIM, Meteor PAYG, Movistar PAYG SIM and O2 contract SIM i hve used in it.

hope that helps.
    b

Thanks dude,

I got it (unlocked too) and it's working with an O2 PAYG but I'm looking to get a Meteor PAYG also so it's good to know that would work as well.

Advertisement