Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MATHS PAPER2ANSWERS will be on the 2fm 806 website in the next hour.

Options
  • 14-06-2005 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Jst2let every1no-d maths solutions will be on www.rte.ie/2fm in the next hour.follow the guides to 806 on the website for the answers!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Dat was a bit better looking at that. I'm more confident of getting a c now.

U know one of the questions says tithe equals 30. i completly guess this correct. WIll i get marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Anyone have any idea for a marking scheme for question 6 and Q 7? Have 50/50 for 4 q's anyway, couple wrong in 6/7 so need to know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

Africa wrote:
    Anyone have any idea for a marking scheme for question 6 and Q 7? Have 50/50 for 4 q's anyway, couple wrong in 6/7 so need to know!

are the honours papers up yet?, i cant find them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

120 marks before atempt marks phew! i tought i had failed still might but least now i know ive a good chance never wrote my paper 1 answers down. still though on probability i wrote teams had a 1/5 chance of being in the final cuz they each had equal chance and there was 5 in a group those results say 1/25. anybody know for sure?

yeah you would wonder with those team questions i aint sure of it either stupid questions whoever makes some of them up need to be shot. Like seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TaraC

Every a part is worth 10 marks,every b and c part worth 20.you lose one mark for a small numeral mistake and 3 marks for an ommission.cannot get less than 3 marks if u attempt a question correctly but got the wrong answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

Dont think i'd like to know till im finished all my exams.like if i found out now that id failed it would mean i have failed the leaving and i wouldnt go in for the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

yeah failed that too. got almost everything wrong (got q11 all right tho)
    **** **** bollox crap

Any1find ne mistakes in d answers?

For leaving cert higher level he only put up the solutions for Q3 part b iii,does any1hav an answer for b i and bii

• Advertisement

Why does anyone want the answers now. My friend started drinking b4 the exam her nerves were so bad. i think the whole leaving system is currupt
    :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

I think i found a mistake, on no.6 (c)(iii). he said the answer is 1/9x1/8x1/7x3!.
    This =1/84.
    This is my way of doin it: The total sum of the numbers is 45. For the sum of the 23 to be greater, they have to be greater than or equal to 23.There are only 2 combinations that give 23 or more: 9+8+7 and 9+8+6. The total amount of combinations is 9Cr3 which is 84.
    Then Probability=2/84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

OTliddy wrote:
    I think i found a mistake, on no.6 (c)(iii). he said the answer is 1/9x1/8x1/7x3!.
    This =1/84.
    This is my way of doin it: The total sum of the numbers is 45. For the sum of the 23 to be greater, they have to be greater than or equal to 23.There are only 2 combinations that give 23 or more: 9+8+7 and 9+8+6. The total amount of combinations is 9Cr3 which is 84.
    Then Probability=2/84

isnt it 987,978,789,897,879,798
    and 986,968,689,896,869,698

as in 12 over whatevr it was

OTliddy wrote:
    This =1/84.
    Then Probability=2/84

That's what I did. Except for some reason I thought 9+8+7 was equal to 23! So I only got the one possibility. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

|Maestro| wrote:
    isnt it 987,978,789,897,879,798
    and 986,968,689,896,869,698

as in 12 over whatevr it was

No. It doesn't work that way. I can't explain why lol. Your answer would then give 12/84; which mathematically and logically incorrect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

Po-2 wrote:
    Why does anyone want the answers now. My friend started drinking b4 the exam her nerves were so bad. i think the whole leaving system is currupt

agreed!!!!

I wish we could do somethin about the whole exam like one bloody maths test does not by no means show our full protential.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

I dunno if there's a mistake in 2 (c) (i) - i got a completely different answer (with a minus in it, -24/[root 832]) yet I got 2 (c) (ii) no hassle which as far as I remember you needed part (i) to do? Plus a maths genius in my class got the same answer as me. Any helpful insights here?

i got the same answer as u for part ci,although i dint hav the minus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Yea I had the exact same as you OTliddy.

I made a blunder in Question 1c, so i lost about 6-9 marks maximum there.
    I made a slip with teh slope in Question 3a so -3 and I also made a minor slip in Question 4c ii, so all in all I lost about 15 marks according to that scheme.
    Here's hoping I get an A1 to make up for an appalling German paper coming up shortly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Don`t think I did great. Just enough though. I might scrape a B on that paper. I nearly got full marks on Paper 1 so I`m all set. Very happy now!
    Po-2 wrote:
    i think the whole leaving system is currupt

how?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gaagirl

i cant get the o level paper 2 answers to open, cud someone put them up in this forum please??? kinda desperate here.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

gaagirl wrote:
    i cant get the o level paper 2 answers to open, cud someone put them up in this forum please??? kinda desperate here.....

Its a PDF file - you need Adobe Reader which can be downloaded at http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Someone wanna send me the solutions, ill put them up as a link?

i finally got them there, had adobe the comp was just slow. id say i did better in p1 i cant believe ppl think p2 was easier than p1!!! i found p2 way harder!

gaagirl, wanna email to colmh@esatclear.ie ?

done!

Well from my calculations on my answers...

Got over 95%. Oh yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Moira

i think i got 12 over 84 but i was just chancing my arm, that was the only thing i was doubtful about in that question, def the easiest q on the paper!

• Advertisement

Here are the OL answers, anyone fancy giving me the HL ones?

Advertisement