Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

todays biology

Options
  • 14-06-2005 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

well i left it around 3pm!
    I moved from higher to pass just before I sat it.

Kind of regret that now!
    Was still a hard old paper!!

Howd ye find it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

There were some mightily accurate predictions here about what would come up. It wasn't impossible but I found some of it quite hard. I know I've at least passed it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

Very true actualy!!!

So has anyone any ideas on higher business and lower history for 2moro??
    lol

x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Did the DNA experiment come up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Cherry_Pie

WHAT A GEM!!!!!!!!

I loved the paper!!!! IT was amazing!!! DNA came up! Hurrah!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Shyster

yeah, pretty much everything that was predicted here came up...nothing on enzymes or vegetative propagation in the long questions though...thank god..!!
    i was aiming for a high c in this paper so i wouldnt be the best at biology but to me, that paper seemed VERY do-able, bit of a bluffers paper really especially with questions 12 and 13

• Advertisement

Can anyone who remember tell me what topics were covered in section B and C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

GDM wrote:
    Can anyone who remember tell me what topics were covered in section B and C.

I am doing up the solutions Here

ok respiration,genetics,ecology,sex(male testes,contraception), viruses+lymphocytes/ bacteria/ a few more too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Pistol Pete

Lovely paper... nice short questions, two of the very few experiments I know properly came up and genetics/respiration/ecology/reproduction made for an easy Section C.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

short questions were a bit of a joke tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Predicitions were spot on. Pity I didnt study at all. I knew ****in nothin at all. Just bu*lsh*t*d through the whole paper. Hope I passed.

• Advertisement

I loved the short questions, the best part of the paper, section A was quite nice and as it's something like 25% of the marks I didn't do too badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭randombassist

That was the easiest biology paper I've EVER done. Amazing! One of the qustions (bird one) was just a reading comprehension!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Am really sh!ttin it - did the genetics question and really worried....argh why am I so stupid??!!! (I didn't do ecology ...grrrr)

thought it was a fair paper, rewarded work done and all that....bit surprised at the lack of human biology besides the reproduction ques(which I didn't do)....

The first question : vitamins are water - soluable or ______- soluable was laughable...hope thay don't adjust the marking scheme and make it harder to get marks!!!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

What the fook was with that ecology question, the answers were in the passage! Insult to our intelligence tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Haedes1987

My diagram of the penis was hilarious, i drew the shaft too long and ended up drawing a MASSIVE sack - bigger than a bulls this was. I also added a few pupes here and there to give life to the diagram and to show my understanding of our secondary sexual characteristics! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Cotsy

Didn't think it was as easy as ye're all makin out but i spose it was fair alright. Only noticed the reading comprehension question with 15 mins left so scribbled it down at the end bit pd off bout that! What the hell was label C in the villi short question??

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Absolutely beautiful paper - I'm just a bit worried that, because it was so easy, it'll be hard to get an A if you know what I mean! Cos they might adjust the marking scheme!
    Section A was nice, loved the fill-in-the-gaps part, that always makes me laugh!
    Section B was absolutely perfect - all three experiments were ones I knew really really well, I'd say I got the full 15% there
    Section C - I did Q10 (genetics), Q12 (ecology), Q13 (reproduction) and Q15 (viruses and bacteria). All topics I knew really well so I'm very happy! What was with the reading comprehension in question 12 though? I mean, they practically gave away the 27 marks - that's almost 7%!!

Cotsy wrote:
    Didn't think it was as easy as ye're all makin out but i spose it was fair alright. Only noticed the reading comprehension question with 15 mins left so scribbled it down at the end bit pd off bout that! What the hell was label C in the villi short question??

blood vessels

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭<Jonny>

Haedes1987 wrote:
    What the fook was with that ecology question, the answers were in the passage! Insult to our intelligence tbh

Haha yeah, that was great. Couldn't believe it.

For a horrible moment I thought.. ****.. has that dumbass given me an ordinary level paper?

Fishie wrote:
    Absolutely beautiful paper - I'm just a bit worried that, because it was so easy, it'll be hard to get an A if you know what I mean! Cos they might adjust the marking scheme!
    Section A was nice, loved the fill-in-the-gaps part, that always makes me laugh!
    Section B was absolutely perfect - all three experiments were ones I knew really really well, I'd say I got the full 15% there
    Section C - I did Q10 (genetics), Q12 (ecology), Q13 (reproduction) and Q15 (viruses and bacteria). All topics I knew really well so I'm very happy! What was with the reading comprehension in question 12 though? I mean, they practically gave away the 27 marks - that's almost 7%!!

Am i right in thinkting, that they will end up marking the easy questions as in ecology and sex easier, and leave the others as they are, i hope this is the case, as i want that A!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well they'll find it hard to adjust the marking scheme as it was actually printed on the paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

a reading comp came up like that in our mock and we were told by our lovely teacher it wud never in a MILLON YEARS COME UP!!! lol!! i moved from honours to pass today too!! and i actually found it a bit hard!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭sixdraw

sorry to blow the buzz for the lot of ye, but that was possibly one of the most deceiving papers you may ever get.everyone saying that they thought it was piss, I've never not got an A1 in Biology and that was a pretty tough paper. Like for example what did ye right for where testosterone is produced?

its produced in the testis!

ya but you've lost marks allready, the interstitial cells.
    And the whole paper is riddled with this sort of accuracy

Bud!dont worry!as bob marley said!everything is going to be alright!if you check the book.the biology revision book and my biolgy skool book both said it was the testes!question was asked in our mocks!got full marks for it!ah well even if ur rite!cant do nought now

sixdraw wrote:
    ya but you've lost marks allready, the interstitial cells.
    And the whole paper is riddled with this sort of accuracy

yeah that's what I thought too, but then I looked at the marking scheme for 2004 and I thought it was a joke! V little precise accuracy needed imo for 2004.....hope it will be the same for 2005 :p

the 2004 paper was quite difficult to get much work done at all so they had to give marks for very little correct info. like for the heart disection exp. you got marks for saying wear a white coat or use a cutting board

on this paper the questions were easy but the answers are gonna be really hard

• Advertisement

damn you and your parade raining!!!!

Well wasn't really having a parade but it would be very wet by now if I was....

Advertisement