Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology paper partial answers will update

Options
  • 14-06-2005 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just sat that Bio paper was exceelent, really easy stuff, i did an extra q in each section and can not think of 1 q. I got wrong, all the predicted came up!
    feel free to post any q's

Section A, I can only remember some of these

cellulose = carbohydrate structure
    2 monosachharides = disacharide
    starch goes blue black
    red blood cells dont have a nuclues
    structure was a villus/villi
    the yoke in the middle of the villus the big one was a lymph vessel, it transports fat/lipids
    the other yoke were blood capillaries
    and blood vessels

sorry i will answer more if u can think of them!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

Section B

Dna
    Transcription
    [error, corrected by the glorious end You got transcription wrong - It is when the RNA nucleotide bases bond with one strand of exposed DNA.]

Replication = dna double helix uncoils, free bases from nucleus move up and algn with dna and it is therefore replicated into two strands

plant = onion

blended for 3 seconds to break down cell walls

washing up liquid is added to break down lipids in phospholipids thus breaking down the cell membrane and letting the genetic material (containing DNA) out

protease is added as it breaks down proteins around dna

salt reduces the attractive force between dna nad their proteins by binding to the dna and clumping it together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

does anyone have any specific questions that they want me to answer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

You got transcription wrong - It is when the RNA nucleotide bases bond with one strand of exposed DNA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 StevieK5000

Also, you caleed it a lymph vessel where to the best of my knowledge it was a lacteal - is there a difference, I don't know to be honest! - I absolutely raped that paper, Sections A and B were all :D finished within the half hour, had a nap, toilet break, did four questions in part C and left a half hour early. Biggest load of piss.

Why do 6 questions in C? If you know your right in the other questions its just a waste of time. You may as well have lay back and absorb the beautiful atmosphere of panicking students around you!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

were yer answers not very long for most of section c?my were freakishly short to answers ive done before in biology,im kinda worried.that lacteal is a killer, i had the right answer down first then changed it!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Also, you caleed it a lymph vessel where to the best of my knowledge it was a lacteal - is there a difference, I don't know to be honest!
    :D

A lymph vessel is anything that carries lymph e.g. a duct, possibly a node (not sure though), nearly 100% sure that was a lacteal.

Did anyone else think that was an extremely long paper?! Everything was just so long winded, I knew the jist of the stuff just took so long to get it down on paper!!! Only did an extra part in 15 and that was all I could manage til I ran out of time....

:)

Advertisement