Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Dad 14/6/05

• 14-06-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Did anyone get last Sunday's ep from their "cousin" :D I thought it was hilarious,and despite what some people are saying,I think it has been great and getting better,even as good as the new Family Guy eps. Anyway...I was wondering if someone who say it could tell me what the hell the whole golden turd scene was about? lol it was so out of place and weird,I presume it was a parody of a movie or TV show,but I have no idea what!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Yeah, the golden turd bit went on for quite a while. I didn't recognise it from anywhere. Maybe it's going to be the equivalent to Family Guys "chicken fight" just a random reocurring departure from the main storyline. No idea really.

Haven't see the most recent Family Guy ep but on average I think American dad has been funnier this season. It certainly isn't the dead loss people were expecting after the pilot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Ye no one else seems to know what it has bene about. family Guy has been funny,just not as funny as it used to be. and many people still hate American Dad,but I think it is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

regarding the golden turd.
    the highlight of the episode for me, I dont think it was taking off any one movie in paticular, but all those cheesey movies. I loved the way all the shots changed and the animation even changed slightly, classic.

lol ye tusky...other people have said it was just a parody on those cheesy movies in general. it was so out of place and hilarious! i thought the whole thing with the Arab neighbours was great as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I was disapointed by the one precedding it, but this episode was very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Both Family guy and American Dad have been a bit up n down these first few episodes. I did laugh more at this episode of AD then the most recent FG though. I think there is definitely room for both. Must re-watch this one though as that golden turd bit was just priceless.

Yes very true...they have both have their ups and downs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

that scene was feckign hilarious alrite.Brilliant.loved the way it changed to widescreen.laughed my ass off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You can watch FD on saltwater chimp.

Advertisement