Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Dunmore road waterford

• 14-06-2005 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

what are my options i cant get it with eircom or anything am a bit of a noob, sorry! i would appreciate any help at all!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

A little dicky bird tols me that NTL will be out on the dunmore road at the end of this month, dont take that as gospel though

Other than that Irishwan have 2 wireless nodes out here now

You could also try digiweb wireless

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

shinzon wrote:
    A little dicky bird tols me that NTL will be out on the dunmore road at the end of this month, dont take that as gospel though

Other than that Irishwan have 2 wireless nodes out here now

You could also try digiweb wireless

Shin

ok thanks what is irishwan do u have a link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,417 ✭✭✭jmcc

|Maestro| wrote:
    ok thanks what is irishwan do u have a link?
    www.irishwan.org but NTL is your best bet. Alternatively, you might try Eircom. The local exchange has apparently been automagically upgraded in the face of NTL incursions into the Dunmore Road area. I wouldn't waste time with Irishwan especially if real broadband options such as NTL/Eircom/(and Digiweb wireless as Shin suggested) are available. Check them first because Irishwan is a hobbyist network with no service level guarantees etc.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'd hold tight for NTL if I were you! They will be DEFINETLY out in the Dunmore Rd by the end of the Summer. Their fibre network has the potential to offer much greater speeds in the future whereas Eircom look set to only be able to offer an inferior product far into the future!

Advertisement