Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone transferred from one ISP to Smart?

• 14-06-2005 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi - I've already posted this in the "Smart employee..." thread but I'm really hoping for a definite answer before I commit to Smart.

I've been told that my exchange Crown Alley is now ready. I need to cancel my eircom BB and although this topic has been discussed to death I'm interested in hearing about someone's experience first hand.

The sales rep I talked to told me that downtime would be around a week - this I could handle. But with delays and such so far to Smart can anyone verify that it actually would be a week. Or when he said one week did he really mean 3??

I understand that Smart can't give an exact time because a lot of it is on eircom's side but if someone has already been through this process can you post the details please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I moved from eircom to Smart. Once my exchange went live, they telephoned me and asked me to make arrangements to cancel my eircom BB and notify them when this happened.

This I did, and I rang them when the BB was disabled; it took less than a week for my phone line to be disconnected and switched over to Smart - line moved the following day, and for me to get my new modem from Smart to be delivered.

Very happy so far. I've now asked for interleaving to be switched off. So I'll see what pings are like when gaming. At present they average about 30ms to most sites.

One thing I notice is the longer ring tone on my phone and a slight pause after every fourth ring when ringing it. Line is fine though.

HTH

Advertisement