Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gofree.indigo.ie

• 14-06-2005 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been receiving e-mails purporting to be from the Gofree Support Team? I've been getting them for a couple of weeks now and am wondering if they are genuine.

Dear user XXXXX,

You have successfully updated the password of your Gofree account.

If you did not authorize this change or if you need assistance with your account, please contact Gofree customer service at: support@gofree.indigo.ie

Thank you for using Gofree!
    The Gofree Support Team

AND

Dear Gofree Member,

Your e-mail account was used to send a huge amount of unsolicited spam messages during the recent week. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and confirm the attached document so you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to cancel your membership.

Virtually yours,
    The Gofree Support Team

Needless to say, I haven't confirmed the attatched document!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

personally I have recieved no such mail through my account with indigo, though I have been victim of spam and DOS attacks through other accounts.

what file type is the attached document? I usually save attached documents and read them in notepad or a hex editor to bypass any chance of them being executed, perhaps you should try this?

I would ring up eircom myself (they bought indigo about 2/3 yrs ago) as they are they only ones who can confirm if they sent the message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for your reply. It didn't say what type of file was in the attatchment, only that it included 'attatched documents'. Just looked suspicious to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

It does contain a virus.

Our office e-mail has been getting them.

I can't remember it name but it takes the domain name of the recipients e-mail address usually and then fakes the senders address.

Your anti virus should have picked it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Thanks for the virus warning. I've got a supposedly up to date Norton anti virus! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭lynchie

Just after cleaning a friends computer that had received this email and stupidly opened the attachment. The attachement contained the w32.mytob worm. Funny thing was that the machine had Norton AV installed with latest updates, but norton never picked it up. Have cleaned it up now and all is well. Now to give the lecture about opening attachements again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement