Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

XP and Internet Connection Sharing

• 14-06-2005 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Can anyone advise if I am doing something wrong with this? I can do it in 98, haven't tried in W2K, but I just can't seem to get the knack in XP Pro. While I thought it was (pretty much) all the same, am I missing a specific tip? Both computers in question are on their own LAN, and are 'talking' to each other fine. Durnig the attempts, I had the Firewall turned off on both.

Seanie.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Since you did'nt say it, i will ask the obvious questions.

1. Did you run the Internet connect wizard
    2. Are the computers in their own workgroup or domain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

You have to go into Network Connections, highlight your internet and network connections, right click and choose 'Bridge Connections'

Should sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

Since you did'nt say it, i will ask the obvious questions.

1. Did you run the Internet connect wizard
    2. Are the computers in their own workgroup or domain

I did. I have tried the option of connecting directly to another computer. The 2 are also on the same workgroup (called WORKGROUP).

snappieT wrote:
    You have to go into Network Connections, highlight your internet and network connections, right click and choose 'Bridge Connections'

Should sort you out.

Doesn't work. When I highlight both connection icons with the Ctrl key, there is no Bridge option. When I right-click on the LAN and click the Bridge option, it tells me to "select 2 LAN or high speed internet connections that are not being used by Internet Connection Sharing". So, I thought I'd delete the internet connection, make a new one with default settings, and try bridgeing, but the same pop-up comes up.

Sorry guys, problem solved!

But thanks for your inputs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement