Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost - does it do it for you?

• 14-06-2005 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

do you like lost?

Do you like LOST 74 votes

yes
    0% 0 votes
    no
    86% 64 votes
    Naja (the new atari jaguar)
    13% 10 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,948 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Without fail,yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Best show on TV,without a doubt! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

No question. Best show in the last 12 months.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It knocks everything bar SFU into a cocked hat.

Actually, was the 6th series of the Sopranos ever given the go-ahead?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I've voted no, but I'm still watching.

I just can't get excited by it, there's no tension. However I'm curious to see how it develops. I've just found out there are 25 episodes. I just can't imagine seeing it through to the end.

However, asking this question on the board dedicated to the show kind of guarantees a massive yes vote!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

es gut ist, ja.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Like Sarsfield, I watch it out of curiosity, though I do find it very slow and it doesn't excite me the way other TV shows have excited me. I think the character development is excellent, it's just the main island plot needs to step up as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Stark wrote:
    Like Sarsfield, I watch it out of curiosity, though I do find it very slow and it doesn't excite me the way other TV shows have excited me. I think the character development is excellent, it's just the main island plot needs to step up as well.

trust me mate,it does :) eps 10 and 11 is where it starts to get going island wise,and character development will continue as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Naja for me definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

I have always liked 'lost on an island'-type films, but Lost does nothing for me.
    It lacks an 'edge'.

Unless it MIGHT get better towards the end.
    Definitely doesn't live up to the RTE hype!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Yup I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

ye i love it but ALL ppl who dont like lost arnt that liekley to come here so the poll isent accurate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Silvera wrote:
    I have always liked 'lost on an island'-type films, but Lost does nothing for me.
    It lacks an 'edge'.

Unless it MIGHT get better towards the end.
    Definitely doesn't live up to the RTE hype!

It's definitely no "Lord of the flies" anyway :) (book version, not crappy film versions).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I quite like it, even if it doesn't live up to the hype. I'm still waiting for some major developments though. It can be a little slow. It's also a little too 'glossy' for my liking, though I suppose that's inevitable if it's coming from a major US network.
    The jury's still out, but i'm still watching so I suppose that's a good sign.
    Just hope it doesn't get too sci-fi or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

dude, how can you make a new atari jaguar?!
    yeah it does it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭dearg_doom

Nope, it's a soap masquerading as arty-edgy film-making. Too many pretty-stereotypes.

But a lot seem to love it so I'll still give it a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

dearg_doom wrote:
    Nope, it's a soap masquerading as arty-edgy film-making. Too many pretty-stereotypes.

But a lot seem to love it so I'll still give it a chance.
    Its really hard to try to convince people without giving too much away, but you really have to stick with it and give it a chance. The rest of the series is not soap-opera-ish. Far from it. I enjoyed the early episodes, but it gets about 10 times better in the next couple of weeks. When I finished watching it, I likened it to the first series of the X-Files in terms of its appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I jsut saw up to 10.

My god this show is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

Got to vote yes.

Have seen it all and it gets better and better. There are some so-so episodes throughout but it's all building and by the end you just want to go right bck to teh beginning and watch out for the 75% of stuff you missed first time around!

Peter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Love it!!

Advertisement