Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windowsupdate Downloading slow

• 14-06-2005 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

I have 2mb BB with Eircom, and it is working fine except for windows update. It flies through the options when selecting updates. But downloads are only 5-7kbps.

Downloads off other sites are up to 220kbps.

Does anyone know if there are issues with the Windows update or is it just me. It's been like this for the last 2 weeks. I have tried different PC's same thing.

Or is it my router, I have the netopia 3347NWG wireless model.

I have tried it both Wireless, and over cat 5 same difference.
    At the mo' I have Laptop and PC setup with Norton 2005 Firewall on each, and Firewall enabled on Router - Have tried it with all firewalls disabled - No difference.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Last night they released a load of patches - 6 of them are to stop and attacker taking complete control of your machine. Windowsupdate will be slow for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Windows Update is back working now, downloading the updates at BB speeds. They must have taken some capacity out on the servers when updating the new patches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I think you'll find it's more likely that half the world was downloading the well publicised updates...

John

Advertisement