Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you need a pc?

• 14-06-2005 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

do you need to have a pc turned on to use this, is there anyway around having a noisy pc on all day and still use blueface?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

You need an internet connection. You can buy and IP phone and plug it into your router or you can buy and ATA (analogue telephone adapter) and plug a normal phone into it. Details of both are on the Blueface website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

paulm17781 wrote:
    You need an internet connection. You can buy and IP phone and plug it into your router or you can buy and ATA (analogue telephone adapter) and plug a normal phone into it. Details of both are on the Blueface website.

excellent and would that work with ntl digital broadband?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭|Maestro|

and can i keep an 051 number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

|Maestro| wrote:
    and can i keep an 051 number?

Yes you can port your 051 number to blueface, and yes it will work with NTL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I have a Dect (cordless) phone, plugged in to the Sipura 2100 (ATA) connected to NTL BB max. No problems with the Blueface service unless my NTL goes down. Voice quality through an ATA is as good as PSTN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Have a look at the What is your VoIP setup? thread - it'll give you an idea of what others have done and what they think of their setup.

causal

Advertisement