Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cills for Timber Frame + Stone facing

• 14-06-2005 11:11pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads

Went on the look for the window cills today, can get your standard TF cills but when I said I required the cills (18") for stone facing on the front they told me that they did not stock them and that I would have to make same,

Anyone any experience on purchasing/making the same?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Hi Yop,
    Are you saying you need cills 18" from the back face to the front face.

Can you give the break down of the tf studs/ insulation/ block/ stone/ cill overhang.

kadman :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Aye, they recommended an 18" cill, with the stone been 8", the 4" block, the 1 inch cavity the lad said to get the 18" cill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 AidoX

Hi Yop,

I got my granite cills from country manor bricks up at Dublin port. Sales guy Paraic said they were suitable for TF and my brickie had no problems with them.

I got my concrete cills from McComish jut past Dublin airport, I went for the slight thickers concrete cills so they would match with the granite on the front of my house. Mc Comish 01 8401841 very helpful guy called Hugh (think he's the boss man).

My build is not at the 1 fix level, the brickies are just finishing the red brick front, windows are in. Plasterer started today, have roofer waiting to tile one dormers are plastered the pace is starting to pick up at this stage :)

regards,
    Aido

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks lad,
    do u mind me asking what sort of money for them granite cills??
    Also how much per meter for the concrete cills?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 slayer92

Yop,

Needed to get polish limestone cills for the front of my house. Got them from
    Irish Natural Stone based in Co Clare http://www.francismccormack.com/home.html

Hope this help

slayer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 AidoX

yop wrote:
    Thanks lad,
    do u mind me asking what sort of money for them granite cills??
    Also how much per meter for the concrete cills?

No problem at all. In fact the price was same as the copy stuff.

My granite cills cost me €68.00 a pience for my down stairs windows and the large double upstairs was twice that. Ring County Manor Bricks 01 8366901

They probably gave me a better discount considering the amount of bricks I bought. One thing to note is you have to arrange your own delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stone Mad Man

They are no longer in east wall they have moved to Santry and now called outhaus.

Advertisement