Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door

Options
  • 14-06-2005 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭

Bought this for 50 euro on saturday last and im totally addicted, this game has to be one of the best things ive played in years. I do realise that this thread is about 6 months late, but then again so was it in buying it.

Id reccomend this to any Gamecube owner, worth every penny.

...am at the bit wih Peach and the potion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

absolutely superb game.
    easily the best rpg that i've ever played (but then again, i've only played a handful)
    i lost the will to finish it after losing the final battle and not wanting to wade through the 20 mins of cutscenes again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Rhyme wrote:
    ...am at the bit wih Peach and the potion

Since Saturday? Ye gods, you're fairly belting through it alright. I started playing through it again a few weeks ago and I'm just past there!

And yes, for all it's lack of challenge and backtracking it's a really, really, really great game. Genuinely hialrious, too. If anyone missed it last November, you'd do well to hunt down a copy before shops stop stocking Cube games. (I can't help but notice GAME's Cube shelf space get ickler and ickler :()

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

It really is very good.. and very funny too.

I love the way how all the women in the game seem to think Mario is some sort of sex symbol.

It's odd though... I was really stuck into this game and stayed up late each night playing it... but once I got close to the end I just stopped playing... I'll have to go back to it soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Ive only just beat Cortez and am doing the potion bit so thats a long way off for me. The bits in the fights such as the crowd interaction and the little bits of humour make me want to keep playing even though ive got to get up at 6 tomorrow for work.

Did you find
    Yoshi
    to be a bit of a young upstart? bit of an ***hole if you ask me, but useful for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Rhyme wrote:
    Did you find
    Yoshi
    to be a bit of a young upstart? bit of an ***hole if you ask me, but useful for sure.
    I'd say that's just for the American market, very brash character. It seems to be very Americanised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got this for Christmas, and because I was playing Metroid Prime 2 at the time, I just never really got into it. I don't have a lot of patience with RPGs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I got the final boss battle and gave up like tman. Just couldn't be arsed to sit through all that again even though i could get to the final form.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Got bored of it after 20 minutes, traded it in within a week of buying.

I'm sure it's a good game for some - but I just thought it was too childish & it seemed to be aimed at the younger gamer and I just didn't have the patience to get into it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Takes a lot longer than 20 minutes to get into. Seriously great fun. It's also very funny. Most of the humour would be lost on the younger generation so therefore i think the older generation would get more from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ah, the original Paper Mario was quality. I have this sequel and will be delving right back into it once these fantastic exams are over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

i'm going to have to sell my granny to afford a copy of the original. Ah well, i know which is more important.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    i'm going to have to sell my granny to afford a copy of the original. Ah well, i know which is more important.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=90840&item=8199123232&rd=1
    ...bargain?

i'm sure the bid will increase as the auction closes. I'll keep my eye on it however. Thanks.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    i'm sure the bid will increase as the auction closes.
    It will now that ive posted the link...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Would you not be better off waiting until the revolution comes out and you can play all the old nintendo classics again? Or am I completely missing the point?

ObeyGiant wrote:
    Would you not be better off waiting until the revolution comes out and you can play all the old nintendo classics again? Or am I completely missing the point?
    Too true, its definitely on my list for games to get on the Revolution... bit of a wait though, and having it on the N64 is good for nostalgia sake.

EDIT: 1 star to go, and i bought Resi 4 today... CONFLICTION

ObeyGiant wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. My credit card is always a disaster after a trip to ebay.

Finished it today after neglecting it for the last two days... nice ending too but a bit Mario cliché, worth my money for definite. Now for Resident Evil 4...

*wrings hands menacingly*

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Great game. Highly reccomend it.
    i didnt bother playing it after I finished it though, I was going to try the pit of 100 challenges, but it would be so long........

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

PIcked this up Saturday for 25 smackers in Xtravision. Like the graphics, but I'm in the middle of Fire Emblem on the GBA, and PM2 seems very...simple in comparison, both story and combat-wise.

Hopefully it'll improve as I go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Epitaph wrote:
    PIcked this up Saturday for 25 smackers in Xtravision.

Which Xtravision was this?? Anyone seen it elsewhere in Xtravision?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Ranelagh, and twas the only one there. Second hand, reduced from 50 (!).

Although if you're interested in a cheap game, I spied a copy of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for about 25 or 27, was gonna grab it but I've only the one GBA-SP and no friends so...

Epitaph wrote:
    Ranelagh, and twas the only one there. Second hand, reduced from 50 (!).

Although if you're interested in a cheap game, I spied a copy of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for about 25 or 27, was gonna grab it but I've only the one GBA-SP and no friends so...
    If you are playing on your own you can just use the controller if I remember correctly.

Epitaph wrote:

...don't bother because it's a terrifyingly bad game when played on your lonesome. You really need at least another person to play it for it to be worth your while.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    ...don't bother because it's a terrifyingly bad game when played on your lonesome. You really need at least another person to play it for it to be worth your while.
    This is true. And even with friends I found it caused a huge amount of arguments.

Advertisement