Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tests availible online!!!!!

Options
  • 14-06-2005 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭

http://www.examinations.ie/main.php?l=en&mc=en&sc=ep&formAction=subject

Here are the leaving cert tests!!!

"The examination papers for each day's written examinations will be available here at 7PM each evening during the period of the written examinations, 8th - 24th June 2005."

Yeah i know..they are ones already gone. But still, handy if you didnt bring them out with you and you want em. Just letting anyone know that they are there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

once i step out that door, i never want to see those papers again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

I know, i expect many people to say that....

But JIC anyone wants em. I know my grandfather requested all my papers to look at em, so thats a way to get the ones i walked out of early from.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol there's no marking schemes though :(;)

i know thats what i was hoping for when i saw the papers were online. Basically we could tell how we did if they were WELL before they came out...lol...

aye but they don't make out marking schemes until they get all the scripts.

they then take i think 50 at random and make out marking schemes based on the standard.

• Advertisement

Wow. Never knew that. Thought it was all set stuff by the dept.

well that's what my accounting teacher told me and he follows the marking scheme regiliously.

you can ask him how much a figure in account got in a certain year and he'll tell you off the top of his head. eg. net profit in Q1. 1996 got 6 marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Cremo wrote:
    aye but they don't make out marking schemes until they get all the scripts. they then take i think 50 at random and make out marking schemes based on the standard.
    Well, an initial marking scheme is prepared and thoroughly explained and jusified over two days in Athlone in each subject and level. Then each examiner is given their bag of scripts and told to randomly select 20 scripts and mark them within the first 24 hours. The grade breakdown of those twenty are phoned in — making a quite substantial sample for the Dept to see if there are too many As, Bs etc. Then changes to the marking scheme may (usually do!) occur and those twenty scripts are done again and the breakdown again phoned in. Usually that's it but sometimes there are more changes later to the marking scheme.

Advertisement