Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Golf Plus

Options
  • 15-06-2005 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭

I have just seen the new Golf Plus on the website and i have to say it doesnt do a thing for me it looks more like a Yaris.I have always bought a Golf and like the Golf.

It says its taller and higher seats and more leg room,this is getting like football jeserys a new one each year....What do any of you think of the new Golf Plus?.

Also i was clicking on the gallery on the website and gearknob has six gears on it...Surely this is not on the standard model.They seem to be getting tighter and tighter with the standard features also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Golf Plus uses the same engine line up as the hatchback except the GTI. Basic model has the same 1.4 75bhp 5 speed as the standard Golf. Only FSI petrol and 2.0 TDi engines have the six speed gear box as standard. Check out the prices and specification at http://www.carzone.ie

VW were always tight with standard equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not a fan of mini MPVs myself or any MPV, or D4 Tractor 4WD for that matter. Pricing seems to be good compared to the competition though

vw_golf_plus_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

ye gods! The Citroen C3 and Ford Fiesta have had a lovechild! A lovechild with a great face for the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The Golf Obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yeek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Looks like the 5 door Civic!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It will compete with the Seat Altea which is neither a MPV or hatchback.

I would take the Altea everytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

Had a good look around one of these last weekend and they are a lot nicer in the flesh than in pictures. We have a MK 5 golf and the Golf plus is exactly the same as it except it has a bigger interior and a slightly higher seating position. Volkswagen have stretched out the Golf and made it more practical for families but kept it looking like a car rather than creating a mpv like the C-Max/Picasso/Touran etc.
    Regarding its spec, compare the spec's and new prices for Golfs/Corollas/Focus and you'll find theirs no great difference. IMHO The big advantage the Golf has over it's competitors is that it is regarded as a quality product so they hold their value and are easy to sell on. We've just sold the golf, it went up on www.carzone.ie on Tuesday and it was sold by the friday for the price we wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

yellow012 wrote:
    they are a lot nicer in the flesh than in pictures.
    I will wait until i see it before i pass any comments! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

mad m wrote:
    They seem to be getting tighter and tighter with the standard features also.

Volkswagen getting tight on features ???? :eek:

Never. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

DubTony wrote:
    Volkswagen getting tight on features ???? :eek:

Never. :rolleyes:

LOL :D

They sure are tight gits!! ;)

Advertisement