Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worse star trek cash ins?

• 15-06-2005 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Ok i dont want any mentions of the tv series or movies...i just wanna hear about the worse use of the star trek licences you have ever seen.

from alarm clocks to underwear lets hear it.

to get the ball rolling, i was in a cinema yesterday and i saw the star trek voyager arcade game...it looks so unbeliaveble crap. its like a cheap copy of house of the dead with the borg instead of zombies and these bizarre aliens that look nothing like anything out of the series...not to mention the big pictures of seven of nine all over the machine to attract horny little boys...i shook my head in disbelief.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,239 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Voyage House Of the Dead? Giant Seven Of Nine?! Where?! WHERE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHERE?!?!?! Incidentially erm, worst use of a Star Trek license? Errrrmmmm.... Seasons 1-3 of Enterprise? :P Ohh also, Star Trek Bridge Commander *shudder*. If it's sufficiantly modded from www.bridgecommanderfiles.com then it makes for a great game but when installed stock... good god it's bad.

Note: I am NOT a horny little boy....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

TeamPlay-StarTrekVoySitDown.jpg

there you go

No I mean where did you find the game? I wanna play it, House Of The Dead with Borg sounds like fun.

new york...willing to travelthat far forit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Star Trek Omnipedia . I bought this back around 1995 when I was first getting into Trek and thought it'd be the answer to all my prayers as it'd give me 1000's of trek pix and help fill me in on the hundreds of eps I had yet to see at that point.

Well, if you can remember Microsoft Encarta well this was this was the Trekkie equivilant. I loved the way Encarta worked and had already bought the book by Mike Okuda that omnipedia was based on and 'ate it up' so I figured I couldn't go wrong with a sleek multimedia version.

Problem was it was the most ugly, unwieldly, unfriendly program you could imagine and even the simplest search took long enough for you to go off and make a cup of tea and come back to see it still hadn't complied matches.

To add insult to injury the omnipedia was only as current as the book even tho it had promised to include info on season7 TNG + season2 of DS9. Instead to get this info you had to write off to Simon&Schuster for another disk that included this info. I duely did and about SIX MONTHS LATER they finally bothered to get off their arses and send it to me by which time Voyager had started meaning the Omni was once again out of date! :mad:

All in all in every aspect it was a piece of crap. Even worse it cost me £60 which for a kid back in 95 was a hell of a lot of money to be throwing down the tube on such a piece of sh1t! Should have just stuck with the book version which was an excellent purchase.

Ten years on and I'm still slightly bitter about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

Condoms .. saw them on sale in the US...

The Ribbed ones where the Klings Favorite :o:p

Megatron wrote:
    Condoms .. saw them on sale in the US...

The Ribbed ones where the Klings Favorite :o:p
    Haw... erm... Haw? Star Trek condoms? Bloody hell that's a level of geekiness even I'M not willing to ascend to.

*Shock*

star trek condoms...i'm gonna search for that now...

damn can only find jokes

star trek condom: To bodly go where no man has gone before! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Star Trek Ship Creator or some computer game with a name like that.

Build a kick ass ship full to the gills with high tech gadgets and death bringing weapons, then have the crew staffed entirely with all the hottest and bravest characters from the many Star Trek tv shows and finally when the excitement is unbearable set off to "boldly go where no man has gone before" and do........ nothing except travel from A-B to deliver some crappy crystals or what not.

Oh and every travelling part was long enough to watch the series finale to ST:TNG at least 5 times back to back.

Advertisement