Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Malleable substance

• 15-06-2005 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm am trying to find a substance that is mouldable when boiled in water but hardens when cooled down to room temperature? A plastic or type of rubber would be ideal, has anyone got a suggestion?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Buy a few gumshields and melt them together??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

RapierX wrote:
    Hello,

I'm am trying to find a substance that is mouldable when boiled in water but hardens when cooled down to room temperature? A plastic or type of rubber would be ideal, has anyone got a suggestion?

Do you need to be able to repeat the moulding process with the same sample? ie form it, place it in boiling water, then recast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,236 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

How about candle wax?

<edit> or lead/tin, the stuff you make models out of? </edit>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Borzoi wrote:
    Do you need to be able to repeat the moulding process with the same sample? ie form it, place it in boiling water, then recast

Yes that would be an advantage but id settle for the gumshields as long as they harden adequately when cooled :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Took me awhile to remember where I'd seen it but I think this stuff should do what your looking for, Polymorph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

pauln wrote:
    Took me awhile to remember where I'd seen it but I think this stuff should do what your looking for, Polymorph.

Wow - need to find a use for that sort of a thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 elmariachi

Chocolate?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 el lupo

flubber

Advertisement