Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Trout Anglers Associations

Options
  • 15-06-2005 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭

Is anyone here a member of the Dublin Trout Anglers Association? What do you make of it? Are the stretches they maintain good/crowded/etc.? If you are a member how did you go about getting your nominations?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I know I'm bumping a very old thread here, but same question. I'm taking up fly fishing (roll on March 1st), and looking at places around dublin to fish, does anybody know anything about them? How much membership is, do they require nominations, is it worth it or is it just better to get permits for the waters?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

They have Bohernabreena, Blessington, and stretches of the River Liffey upstream of Celbridge towards Straffan.

The Dodder Anglers can get you Bohernabreena also, as well as the River Dodder.

Kilbride Anglers have access to Blessington.

Clane Anglers have stretches further upstream on the Liffey than DTAA.

So there are various ways to build up a portfolio of trout waters to fish in the Dublin, North Wicklow, Kidare area.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Thanks coolwings. I'm based in the city centre, so the Liffey, Bohernabreena and Blessington would all make likely targets. I think DTAA could be the way to go.

Advertisement