Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huge Translation Project

Options
  • 15-06-2005 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭

Hi there folks,

My apologies for not being able to post as Gaelige but my grasp of the language is weak and I wouldn't insult it.

I'm currently heading a project to translate an entire website, a game website which is available in some 33 languages currently, into Irish.

The problem being that we have a team of 6 involved, only one of whom can really speak Irish fluently.

I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in helping out? The workload wont be huge. Maybe translating 5/10 paragraphs of text a week.

If you want to check out the game, its www.hattrick.org.

It would be a great thing for the Irish language, if the game was presented entirely in Irish for any user who wished to view it, it would be a great step forward.

Would anyone be interested? Joining the game is NOT necessary to take part.

Thanks a lot for reading.

/edit: just thought id add that I can post the material that needs translating here if needs be, and then anyone who wants to dig in can help out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

I might be able to help somewhat, but I can't promise a regular outflow since I've plenty of other work on my hands. Certainly interested though. A worthy project, if I do say so myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

If you're still looking for people I could help out from next Friday onwards. Trouble is I'm not a Gaeilgeoir, just an honours Leaving Cert. student so even though I've a fairly good grasp of the language there's bound to be a few mistakes in my grammar. What I'm saying is, I could do the donkey work, but would probably need someone to give it a quick run over afterwards.

If that's any use to you I'd love to help :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Yeah, I could help too from time to time if you want. Post bits up here and we can go through them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Fantastic folks, I shall start posting up bits and pieces as soon as I can. After that, we can start translating. Grammar isnt a huge problem as we have a native Irish speaking member of the game who is going to give it all a read over and sign it off, which Im sure wont be too hard, having seen your other translations on this board!!

Thanks for the input lads, Ill be back on soon :)

Advertisement