Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help getting Vodafone Live! Working

Options
  • 15-06-2005 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Motorola V620 Sim Free, and its working brilliant except I had to set up MMS and Vodafone Live!, which is fine I got the settings off the vodafone site, except I cant get Vodafone Live! (over GPRS) working at all. I got MMS working fine.

Im just wondering has anyone any idea's how to get Vodafone Live working, all I seem to get is that Im "accessing a Vodafone Live! portal..." and when I clic on the link for using WAP, I get a "File Type Not Recognised".

Anyone got any ideas on how to get the above working, its driving me mad! I've also read the sticky in this forum regarding the settings and there the same as I already have in the phone, so Im no closer to getting this solved!

Comments

Have the same problem here, but only in the last two weeks or so. I have a V550 which I reflashed to stock Motorola firmware (R376_G_0E.67.02R) but I started getting the "File type not recognised" error. I reflashed the phone with the Vodafone firmware and it worked. But now I've got all the bugs back. :(

Unless this is an error on Vodafone's end there's no way around it unless you put the dodgy Vodafone firmware into the phone! Alternatively you could use http://wap.e-merge.ie as the home page, same content but looks very bare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

bad news buddy. that phone is not supported by the network so there is no settings available for it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Karsini wrote:
    Unless this is an error on Vodafone's end there's no way around it unless you put the dodgy Vodafone firmware into the phone!
    Thats what I was thinking myself, since the phone is Sim Free and didn't come loaded with any Vodafone software, so maybe this is the reason Vodafone Live! wont work! Im not so crazy about having Vodafone get their mits on this phone, so I think I'll live without Live!
    bad news buddy. that phone is not supported by the network so there is no settings available for it
    Its basically the exact same phone as a V550... If a V550 was bought Sim Free, Im sure you'd be having the same problem!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

Its basically the exact same phone as a V550... If a V550 was bought Sim Free, Im sure you'd be having the same problem!

i think actual phones software may come into plya there bro, im sure the v550 and your v620 are diff in respect to the software...

maybe im wrong, but i dont think it will be posssible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

i think actual phones software may come into plya there bro, im sure the v550 and your v620 are diff in respect to the software...
    The phones Firmware would be different alright! Im not disputing with that fact, but I chose the V550 as an example because if you'll read Karsini's post in relation to his V550 that had Motorola Firmware installed instead of Vodafone Firmware, experienced the same problem as Im getting!

• Advertisement
Advertisement