Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Visual Studio 2005 (Beta 2)

Options
  • 15-06-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭

Originally put this in the freebie list in Bargain Alerts but thought it would be of more benefit here!

Free Visual Studio 2005 (Beta 2)

Delivered to your door courtesy of Microsoft! :D

For anyone that can't find how to order it:
    1. Select your country (... Ireland, duh! ...)
    2. Click Order in the side menu
    3. Tick the Terms and Conditions box
    4. Sign in with your Hotmail address (You get spam / newsletters from them so register a new address if you use your Hotmail address regularly)
    5. Click Finish to complete the order.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Good find ! But you dont really need a hotmail account, just an existing email to register it with the Passport Network. I used my yahoo one.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Good find ! But you dont really need a hotmail account, just an existing email to register it with the Passport Network. I used my yahoo one.
    Ah right.. thought Passport only accepted either Hotmail or MSN e-mail accounts.

Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Think this was advertised here about a month or two ago, got mine a few weeks ago, havent installed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Sweet..does it come in that lovely green packaging? or just a lonely CD inside an envelope?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,908 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Webmonkey wrote:
    Sweet..does it come in that lovely green packaging? or just a lonely CD inside an envelope?
    Lovely Green Packaging! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Can't Wait :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I got a copy in the office a week or so ago. SQL Server 2005, VS2005, and VS2005 Team Foundation Server Betas, IIRC.

I did the only sensible thing I could....new VM, install the lot. Course, since then, I haven't had time to do so much as turn on the VM again :)

jc

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Has anybody else running this noticed it seems to be really slow, I've been playing with it on a pentium m 1.6ghz laptop with 768 Mb ram and even simple things take it ages. It does seems slightly better than beta 1 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I've also noticed that it seems to be very slow.
    Running a 2.8Ghz with 1Gb RAM. Thought that would be plenty.

Definitely seems more stable than beta 1 though.

ambrose :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

It's probably just down to it being a beta so, I'd a feeling this was the case but it's nice to hear others expriencing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Hi,
    i got this a few days ago but i cant seem to find the front end for the DB, such as Enterprise Manager. ? Im getting an error when i try to install it asking me to insert a cd. It doesnt specify the CD to put in. Anyone haveing this problem ?

Advertisement