Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spiegeltent

• 15-06-2005 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭

Well, anyone heading to any of the gigs in the Spiegeltent at the bottom of Cornmarket Street?

Personally, I'm off to see Elephant on Thursday night

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I hope to get to a couple alright to take some photos. Is there any list of times & dates available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

splendido! perhaps my search would have been greatly aided if I had actually looked for aforementioned details.

true true, although I did try spiegeltent in google and got nowhere. I followed a tortorous path through the cork2005 website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

DUE TO LICENSING LAWS ALL TICKETS FOR ENTRY TO THE SPIEGLTENT SHOWS AND CLUB MUST BE PURCHASED NO LATR THAN 24 HOURS BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE. NO TICKETS CAN BE SOLD ON THE DAY FOR THAT EVENINGS PERFORMANCE.

Thinking ahead is not my strong suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i was all up for going to see the shades and rest (only for Rest to be completly honest, one of the bst live bands around cork) but due to cork city playing that ver evening i cant make it.

still though, class line up it has to be said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭tadhgrrr

i went to the spiegeltent last night to see Ian Whittie (sp?) and Fred...and it was class ...except for two things.....

but first the good stuff : 1. tent looks tiny from the outside (i nearly walked by :rolleyes: ) but inside it feels like theres loads of room. There was plenty of space to walk around and it was a really relaxed atmosphere.

2. bands were great...its really suited to kinda quieter music (ian whittie) and provides a very intimate setting where the band get a great chance to interact with the crowd (1 of the fred lads sat on the leads shoulders and had a kind of pushing match with two fans while playing guitar..impressive stuff indeed)

..now the bad stuff

€6 for a bottle of beer...nuff said...a complete ripoff and exploitation of the public taken to a new level (ps dont get the russian stout...its not stout at all but a rather nasty dark beer)

a mere 4 portacabin toilets were supplied for the entire population of the tent...which combined with the price of beer must have backfired on the organisers at some level.. queues were ridiculous and much fun was made by the bands of those in the queues :)

so make sure and have your drinks before you go and for gods sake empty your bladder before entering the spiegeltent of wonder

€6 for a bottle of beer...nuff said...a complete ripoff and exploitation of the public taken to a new level (ps dont get the russian stout...its not stout at all but a rather nasty dark beer)

I'm heading there tonight, and I've just been informed of the beer prices. So guess what, I'm not drinking tonight. E6 a drink just ain't worth it. They can shag off. They could have had 1-3 drinks off me at E4-5 each, but I'm not stretching to E6. It's just being greedy

so missus, what did you think of the girls of summer? And err of course the main act too.

I train on a Thursday night, so I arrived late, about 9 and Elephant were already on stage. My friend, who'd been there since the start, reckoned that the Girls of Summer weren't bad at all, but a bit let down by their lead singer [*not my opinion]

Elephant were excellent. THey're an amazing band and deserve success. They really got the crowd going, and it's a pity that their gig seemed to be over so soon. I could have listened to them for hours more.

We hung around for a bit to listen to the next act, a singer/songwriter called Dan Moule, I think, but he wasn't my cup of tea so we left shortly thereafter.

The spiegeltent itself is just amazing. What a fantastic venue. It has to be seen to be believed. I think that I'll hire it out for my wedding reception, whenever that may be :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement