Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Forum Request: Grand Theft Auto

• 15-06-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Im not sure if this has been requested before, but I think it would be a good idea to have a Grant Theft Auto Forum. Or is there an existing forum lurking in the bowels of Boards that im unaware of??
    Im actually quite surprised it hasnt been made to this day, as it must be one of the most successful series of games in history.

I can especially see this being a hit with people buying GTA:SA for the pc. People can swap skins, modds etc. And it would be a good place for Multi Theft Auto heads to meet. Those are just a few ideas for threads etc (copyright :p)

So whos with me?

GTA Forum yay or nay?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nah.... Even since the release, the games forum has been fairly light on GTA threads...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Again, with the surprise. Two nays. I weep. :(
    Im embarrassed for suggesting it now. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'd like a GTA forum, though this is probably the wrong place to ask for it.

Stephen wrote:
    I'd like a GTA forum, though this is probably the wrong place to ask for it.

I was a tad unsure as to where I should put this thread, but at least we can share thoughts on the idea. TMB, I suppose ur right in a way, but I just checked the Quake forum for instance, no replies or topics in the last 10 days. I suppose all that will change with the launch of Quake 4.
    But you do have a vaild point.

Anyone else, opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bad example, tbh. The Quake forum is what boards.ie was originally about. You can't use that as an example of why a GTA board should exist. It's because of Quake that boards.ie exists.

I see one GTA thread in the Games board.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nay.

Well Quake was massive back in the day.
    The games forum isn't exactly overflowing with GTA threads and the forum will be dead in about 2 months until the next one is released 2 years later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I was wondering that same thing myself today as to why there isn't one. Surely I'm not the only person here who is only playing it now on the PC being a Consoleist and as such people like me may have questions and need help or guidance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,885 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

musician wrote:
    I was wondering that same thing myself today as to why there isn't one. Surely I'm not the only person here who is only playing it now on the PC being a Consoleist and as such people like me may have questions and need help or guidance.

You don't need a forum all you need is www.gamefaqs.com

koneko wrote:
    Bad example, tbh. You can't use that as an example of why a GTA board should exist. It's because of Quake that boards.ie exists.

Ok ok, bad example. And I am familiar with Boards history and its connection to Quake. Sorry. Im not using that as a launch pad for a GTA forum at all. And I know theres one thread at the moment. Its just I think that a GTA forum would inspire some excellent threads for GTA gamers amongst us. Challenges, skins, mods, multitheft auto, timetrials, screenshots, pimped motors, etc etc. Just wanted to make a new home for the countless GTA gamers amongst us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'd like to see one, all the other GTA forums I've seen are full of flame-wars, multicoloured text and giant sigs. It'd be nice to have one done boards.ie style, i.e. readable and usefull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

OP banned for not reading charter. Thread locked. Forum suggestions go in the Forums forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement