Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Paper 1

Options
  • 15-06-2005 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

I thought that paper was easy, wat did every1 else think of it. The short Qs were hard enough but the long Qs were easy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Yeah, I agree. I did the household budget, the national budget, the club accounts and borrowing question.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Big Ears

eoghan h wrote:
    I thought that paper was easy, wat did every1 else think of it. The short Qs were hard enough but the long Qs were easy

I agree entirely .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

The only studying i did for it was 10 minutes this morning in the exam hall, so i think i did quite well considering...i think if i had studied it would have been really easy. Paper 2 was harder i thought but i got through it and i didnt have to do the trading profit and loss account! Yay! Now its only science and then nothing for a week!
    Btw whats gonna happen to the junior cert board over the summer???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

****ed up most of the long questions in both papers, didn't know half of the short answer questions in paper 1, you know, the usual...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Hm. I found the short questions quite lovely! The only one I didn't like was the first IT one. Otherwise... no complaints. Way easier than in my mock.

Long questions... well, I did all of them on paper 1, still finished half an hour early so I just sat there. My business teacher was threatening us with death if we left early.

Paper 2 was a bit harder than paper 1, just 'cause of the theory bits. I hate theory. And economics. My TPL account didn't balance first time so I almost had a heartattack, but then fixed it because I accidentally deleted a zero somewhere along the line. Didn't do question one although it seemed fairly straightforward, if I'd had more than half an hour left in the exam by the time I'd finished the rest of the questions, I'd probably have done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Fenny

Paper 1 went OK, the short questions were hard enough but I think I did well enough in them. Long questions were good - I managed to squeeze in a fifth, so hopefully that'll help with the best question. I'm happy with Paper 1, though my theory was complete guesswork.
    Paper 2 ... sigh. I messed up completely on practically EVERYTHING. Did anyone do Q. 1? If the trial balance balanced, what figure did you get? I didn't get it right, but it balanced ... it'd be funny if it was the right figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Hm. I found the short questions quite lovely! The only one I didn't like was the first IT one. Otherwise... no complaints. Way easier than in my mock.
    That was the easiest question in the short questions for me!But the rest were pretty darn horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

Paper one was ok, though I thought the short questions were quite hard.
    I came out thinking that the paper was kind of hard - until I did paper 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I didn't study much for this which hurt me. I found the short questions kinda hard and lost a fair few marks. I calculated that I can lose a total of 60 marks across both papers and still get an A so I should be okay.

When I got to the longer questions I didn't realise we only had to do 4. I also didn't see question 6 so I thought there were only 5 questions. I didn't do question 2 very well which annoyed me cos' I could have just skipped it and done something else but I didn't realise! Because question 2 took me longer than planned I didn't have time to finish question 5 which I could a have done fine and therefore have gotten 4 good questions but there ya go. Don't think I lost more than 30 marks on that paper which puts me in line for an A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

well, I hated the short questions, I never do well in them and they were quite hard in my opinion, you really had to know your stuff, where is in other years you could kinda guess a good few of them.

Paper 1 went ok. I finished right on the buzzer. I guessed a lot of stuff but it was ok. I did the household budget question, the wages question, the banking question,and the borrowing and consumer question. I nearly screwed up the bank account in the banking question but thank god the nice superintendant had a bottle of tipex handy!

Paper 2 went grand. I got 3 of my questions done fine but then I had to pick my 4th one and I foolishly picked question 1 the day book question. Anyway, I didn't get all the ledgers balanced, and i didn't get my trial balance done, so...not so good with that question... The other questioni did were the forms of business question (Q6), the business finance question(Q5), and the report writing and insurance question (Q3).

Overall, considering I only studied last night I'm pretty pleased with how it went. Who says cramming doesn't work?!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

What did everyone put for the first short Q. on IT in the home

I didn't study much for this which hurt me. I found the short questions kinda hard and lost a fair few marks. I calculated that I can lose a total of 60 marks across both papers and still get an A so I should be okay.

I found that a huge amount of people including me didn't study for it .
    Theres only 300 marks overall , and 60 of 300 if 20% , so you think you'll only need 80% to get an A :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I didn't like paper 1 at all, really. The short questions were fine though, easier than the ones on my pre paper by a lot. I ended up doing all the long qs too, because I wasn't really that confident about getting near full marks on any except the budget. I'm hoping I did alright, I think I made up for any low marks in paper 2.
    My trial balance added up to either 417,000 or 471,000, as far as I can recall. Not 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Alqua

What did everyone put for the first short Q. on IT in the home
    I thought that was confusing. I wrote stuff like: Entertainment, Shopping, Household Accounts & Letter Writing. Don't know what the correct answers were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

i said preparing documents, internet, email, and spreadsheets for budgeting
    (it was asking about the uses of the computer in the home pretty much)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Okay, I didn't answer it like that at all... I just started naming household appliances that have microchips in them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

I didn't study much for this ... which puts me in line for an A.
    Like WTF, sure!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Okay, I didn't answer it like that at all... I just started naming household appliances that have microchips in them...
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Big Ears wrote:
    I found that a huge amount of people including me didn't study for it .
    Theres only 300 marks overall , and 60 of 300 if 20% , so you think you'll only need 80% to get an A :rolleyes: .
    Eh, there are 400 marks in total. 80 for Section 1, Paper 1, 160 for Section 2, Paper 1 and 160 for Paper 2.

160 + 160 + 80 = 400

JCB wrote:
    Like WTF, sure!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Well i could have done better and it has called my A into question which is annoying.

Eh, there are 400 marks in total. 80 for Section 1, Paper 1, 160 for Section 2, Paper 1 and 160 for Paper 2.

160 + 160 + 80 = 400

Well i could have done better and it has called my A into question which is annoying.

oh ya , forgot the short Q's , so you probably have a better chance of an A than me .

• Advertisement
Advertisement