Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Skoda Octavia opinions

Options
  • 15-06-2005 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

Hi,

anyone currently own a new shaped Skoda Octavia with either the 1.9 TDI or the 2.0 TDI engine. Has anyone also driven the DSG autobox version of them?

I've driven the 1.9 TDI DSG which is utterly amazing. It's the best autobox I've ever driven by a long shot. I'm just wondering if the 2.0 TDI DSG is that much better?

Also looking for general experiences and opinions on these cars, aside from the potential depreciation driven badge snobbery opinions.

Euro for euro, the Octavia is so much better value than any of the chassis equivalents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

I have the Mk2 1.9tdi Ambiente model and am very pleased with it so far.
    Very comfortable car, loads of space, huge boot, nice direct steering and good handling. The 1.9 engine is good enough for day to day driving though when it's time to change I think i'll go for the 140bhp 2.0tdi model.
    Can't comment on the DSG gearbox but have only heard good things about it. The only possible drawback i've heard with the DSG box is it you wanted to chip the car at some stage, it may not be able to handle the extra poke.
    I good site for this sort of info is
    http://www.briskoda.net/forums/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭AlanD

cheers yellow...

the 1.9 tdi I drove with the dsg box felt really quick. But I'd imagine the gearing ratios on the first few gears sets that up. Maybe the manual doesn't feel as quick.

The website looks good.

Advertisement