Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

We need these signs on ALL 2 and 3 lane highways..

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

If you are going faster than the inside lane, aren't you constantly overtaking?

Or is this a roundabout way of saying if you're not going to drive faster than the inside lane get the fup out of the outside one...?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

If you are going faster than the inside lane, aren't you constantly overtaking?

Not if you're passing by 200 yard gaps in the traffic.

Some morons will stay "out there" because there are cars on the inside lane a half a mile ahead. They have no idea that how much time it will take to cover the "catching up" distance when you're only going 20kmh faster.
    Of course there are also the gobsh!tes who just haven't got a clue.

These signs are exactly what I suggested in the M50 Idiots thread. A great idea (if I may say so myself).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭camarobill

all for this ;) but watch the same gobs...s slowing down to read them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Interesting, I went out to lunch with a cow-orker in his nice MB320 SUV.

Very quickly I could see he was hogging the fast lane, that's not a problem about here, if you do 80, however, he was doing anywhere from 55 to 70, shower when he forgot abouthte driving and got involved in the conversation, either way or either speed, I could see he was collecting a tailback... then as if that was not bad enough he (we) caught up to an old lady doing about 55 in the fast lane..... fortunately passing on the "slow" side is ok here, which is only possible if the right lanes are free, which was not always the case, however there was one yellow M3 which which insisted in tailgating, (trying to make a statment I suppose), should have known better, our driver was oblivious to anythig behind him, no matter how close, etc. Finally a couple of cars passed on our right, as I was in the passenger seat, I could see the jestures they were making, The most of it coming from some women drivers, one of which waved the "finger" and muttered something. Guy driving did not see anything, I must have a quiet word with him some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

AMurphy wrote:
    I must have a quiet word with him some day.

Yeah i think you should! Explain to him what the 3 mirrors, that are STANDARD on most* cars these days are for!

Most* - think you still have to pay for them on BMW and are removed from buses and taxi's for safety reasons! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,622 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They finally increased the speed on the Lucan road to 80Kmph and still muppets driving at 60Kmph with two lanes to their left.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

They finally increased the speed on the Lucan road to 80Kmph and still muppets driving at 60Kmph with two lanes to their left.

:rolleyes: What else do you expect

Typical dosey drivers doing 60Km/h......love to have a plough.......just gently push them outa my way so i can do the 80Km/h :D

Advertisement