Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

business (h) was easy

• 15-06-2005 12:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

i thought it was easy, espeicially the short answer questions, i just got stuck on indemnity, does anyone know wat that mean

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38 Socrates

it means you cant make a profit from insurance.
    did you get it finished? i only got 3long questions done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 lauraoaktree

ye i thought it was pretty easy aswell although i didnt like the ABQ cos my mind went blank on the c part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

My girlfriend thought it was pretty easy too - I'll have to see paper - did Enterprise come up for the ABQ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mrs. hamlet

it was a GORGEOUS paper!!

thats y im so pissed off! i did the q wit da break even chart and i used da wrong formula i said sales instead of fixed costs n i just cudn figure out wat i woz doin wrong. 35 marks down da drain!

Apart from the c part on the abq, the rest of it was perfect.. i'm so mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

business is always going to be easy if ya have an idea, but... it's the quality of your anwsers, you tink you did well but then you only get a d2 etc, it was an ok paper, but stuck for time, had to rush and wrote some **** anwsers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

I thought it was very hard didnt get a full question right. Only did 1 and half long questions.Abq was tricky was enterprising skills and characteristics the same as entrepreneur skills and characteristics.im hoping to get a C3 but thats doubt full :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭DuFF-MAN

Socrates wrote:
    it means you cant make a profit from insurance.
    did you get it finished? i only got 3long questions done.

me 2!! i think i answered them all well. Short q's were the easiest ive ever seen on an honours Business paper.

ABQ was cool aswell.

Safely say i got over 60%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

Paper was savage! Easiest in years by far! Only question I couldn't do was q6 (a)Four external sources for ideas. My mind drew a blank and could only think of 2 and then internal sources but I didn't have time to think of anymore answers for it. Timing was an issue but it seems like it has been for most exams so far. Hopefully a nice A anyways. Short questions were so easy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dazzington

Johnerr wrote:
    business is always going to be easy if ya have an idea, but... it's the quality of your anwsers, you tink you did well but then you only get a d2

Very true. I'll reserve speculation until I have the results in my hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

I thought it was a pretty nice paper overall. The only thing I messed up was the break-even chart. For some reason I totally forgot how to do the f*cking thing, even though we went over it in class at least 10 times. Ah well. I was writing up until the last minute and got all the questions done, although the last one was a little rushed, inevitably. Hoping for a high B.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Po-2

su_dios wrote:
    Paper was savage! Easiest in years by far! Only question I couldn't do was q6 (a)Four external sources for ideas. My mind drew a blank and could only think of 2 and then internal sources but I didn't have time to think of anymore answers for it. Timing was an issue but it seems like it has been for most exams so far. Hopefully a nice A anyways. Short questions were so easy!

Not for me im afraid very difficult

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Nailed the break-even chart! The only thing was the part C - would it matter if I put that data onto a new break-even chart? - I did because I didn't want to start doing more lines on the first one as I had written the answers a bit in the way. If that doesn't matter then that question was 60 out of 60 in 12minutes or so. First time I've ever finished a full business paper within the time limit. Had about 2minutes to spare. One or two of the short questions I thought were a little tricky. Also the "Acid-test ratio one", normally you have to state what the acid test ratio and work it out. This year you had to state what it was, work it out for two years, identify whether it was improving or getting worse and then say why!!! Still 10 marks in the bag but took longer than the average short question. Didn't like having to draw a bar-chart either. 2 years with the same data was a bit confusing as to what way they wanted it laid out and then the final figure being €95,000 threw the scale off a good but, making it hard to fit in the space. 16 pages overall, the most out of any exam for me. Worked it out afterwards - guess I'll get 83%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

I was very suprised with this test
    Thought I was going to fail miserably
    That was easy

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

My mind also went blank for C on the ABQ, couldn't remember any real definitions so had to make them up from my head. Was an obvious enough question, just long. I got the break-even chart done, I did it all on one graph though. Couldn't decide which one to do for my last question cos there were none left that I was sure I could get full marks on. So I ended up squeezing two of them into half an hour so I'll get marked on my best one! Overall, I'm happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Happy enough with it, got all but one essay fully done (trew some points down for it though) and thought the ABQ was pretty nice.
    Pissed off that I didn't bother with the Breakeven chart and spent most of my time studying the ratios and P&L account last night. Ended up having to have to do the Marketing Question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

That wxam was an absolute piece of piss. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I think I may even have my one and only A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

The problem is if everyone found it easy it will be marked hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

7thSeal wrote:
    The problem is if everyone found it easy it will be marked hard

So by that logic if people found let's say biology or history hard then it will be marked easy. Bollocks. All this hard mark stuff is a load. They have to mark the papers consistantly rach year otherwise people would kick up murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Grand paper. Definetly improved on a D1 i'd say a solid B. but then again i thought i did well in business in mocks and didn't. anybody able to post up them image thingy's with the break even point analysis. It was easy marks. The c part of the abq was so broad. I just said he should improve planinng, controlling, organising. Delegation, swot analysis, smart plans. etc... If i didn't get a B i'd be pissed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 love_the_chocol

thought the business was grand, opened it up and there was everythin id studied. except ran outta time on my last question-5 so i bulletpoined it to get some marks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

i did all my answers in points. Its a point every 5 marks and it saves u making 3 good points for 10m when 10 better points can be made.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

thought it was handy.. short questions good, abq good and got all 4 questions done aswell

i knew the answer to every question so it was just a matter of writin it down and i think i did that pretty good.. if i dont get a B, im gonna go mad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 SineadSligo

I really enjoyed that paper-left very happy!!

One thing i relaly was ****in puzzled by and its something I KNOW i should know.. but...

You in the short questions? think it was the last one on the bar chart.. how THE hell should it have been drawn? Because mine looked odd to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭*marie*

I really enjoyed that paper-left very happy!!

One thing i relaly was ****in puzzled by and its something I KNOW i should know.. but...

You in the short questions? think it was the last one on the bar chart.. how THE hell should it have been drawn? Because mine looked odd to me...

I did mine with 04 and 05 for rooms together then a space, then 04 and 05 with functions or whatever it was etc....if you know what I mean??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Business was easy. Filled my booklet..
    Short qs were the easist i've seen and the abq was great. Managedto fit in an extra question at the end. Didn't really study but i've almost certain i got an a1.

fit an extra question?!

ur either incredibly quick and class at business or ur answers are too short.. hopefully the former

I did a full booklet so i hope not....unless your meant to write even faster.....I just flew through it and did faster than the rest...kept writing for a few extra secs when time was up....i didn't hear her...

Some guy in the hall wrote a full booklet + 2 four page booklets....I'd say he did at least one extra.

no point in doin that at all.. ya can get full marks for them questions in a few lines if ya write the right stuff.

ya dont get any points for waffle

No waffle! Just points, examples and definitions...

• Advertisement

thats alot of points, examples and definitions :(

i guess thats whats needed for an A..

Advertisement