Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recording an LP onto CD - Help Please!

Options
  • 15-06-2005 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been answered before but I'm new to this. I have a Philips CDR 775 and cannot figure out how to record from an LP. I have lost the instruction book and am fiddling around in the dark. I switch it to 'record external source' and 'listen' and when it says 'start source' I play the LP but the 'start source' button keeps flashing. Can anyone give me some guidance as I have a stack of LPs I'd love to record or could anyone send me a scan of the instruction page? Failing this is there any way I can hook up the system to my computer to record this way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Oh ya, can you hear the LP playing correctly, is it goin through an amp first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Yes I can hear it. It's going through the amp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

OK, got it sorted eventually. Next question - when I record from an LP onto CD the sound level is dreadful. You need to play it at full volume to hear it.
    No good for transferring onto an iPod as even with the sound at full you'd be hard pressed to hear it. Is there any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

OK, got it sorted eventually. Next question - when I record from an LP onto CD the sound level is dreadful. You need to play it at full volume to hear it.
    No good for transferring onto an iPod as even with the sound at full you'd be hard pressed to hear it. Is there any way around this?

The cd recorder most probably has a record level dial, which is probably set to low.

Plus record players dont all have pre-amps in them so need to be plugged into th especific inout for a record player on the amp as they are usually pre-amped, this will sort the volume.

• Advertisement
Advertisement