Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many in your exam hall??

• 15-06-2005 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Jus wondering how many school are doing their exams in rooms rather than exam halls or how many in each hall. We have all 165 people in the one hall as usual but after doing the orals i realised it would be so much easier to cheat in those rooms! Some people definitely have advantages over others. Not saying that I would cheat and it would be pretty easy anyways but I'm sure there are quite a few who have because of this

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

only around seventy in our hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

wow! :eek: THat number is more than we have in our year.

Do you guys not have more than one examiner in that exam hall? We have a gym and its split in two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

The full year, about 150.

All 218 of us in the same hall. :(

We have two exaimners in our hall. Still not enough to stop people cheating imo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

We're in a classroom, I don't know how many peopole are in the room exactly but it's probably about 25. They have the Junior Cert students in the hall, because they don't really matter - the Leaving Cert students are in about seven different classrooms, in the 6th year centre and upstairs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

There's about 70 of us in the gym... the other 30 or so in a classroom. We have two examiners in the gym and there's one in the classroom. I haven't seen anyone cheating yet, nor have I heard of anyone at it... though my year's generally a good bunch of lads so I can't see it happening to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

there's about 50 of us
    Theres 2 other halls aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

There are approx 120 of us in a big sports hall with 3 supervisors...I'm right in the back corner! Easy to cheat (I never would though...) but not so easy to get extra paper -too far away!!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Theres about 60 of us in the library, dont know why its called a library, theres no books in it. Half of us face one way, half face the other, two examinors, hard to cheat blah blah blah

We only have 1 supervisor
    She doesn't even follow us to the bathroom
    Just says "Don't talk to anyone"
    She seems sound out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Only about 20 in mine. Had biology yday and there was only 3 of us in the room. 1 girl in another centre was on her own for the exam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭su_dios

ah right I was wondering if we were the only ones but that seems pretty much the same to us. We have four examiners though. My one is really nice to us but theres one bloke who shouts out all the announcements and it really pisses us off. Got a terrible country accent and he disturbs everyone from their work..and hes at the far side of the hall too

Don't think we've had any announcements yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

We've had the entire year(42 people) all in our concert hall. now that the big exams are over it probably won't be even half-full for the rest of the exams. sure there's only 5 in my whole chemistry class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭*Roisin*

There's about 4 classrooms we use and then the study hall is divided into two centres. I had a special accomodation so I have a centre to myself.

Would be so easy to cheat imo. I was a door assistant person last year and they actually tell you you're not allowed to enter the bathroom with them. Have to wait outside in the corridor. So they could do anything in there really safely. Also the fact that because there's six centres there could be six people in there at any one time. I know that happened last year. We could hear them chatting away inside. Technically we weren't allowed to go in and do anything about it. Not that we would have anyway, I would have helped them in anything I could. But we weren't even technically allowed to do anything to stop them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

bout 120 in year. 6 class rooms. Do the math.

CLassrooms are soo much easier to concentrate in. We did mocks in hall, fair bit harder. Some exam attendants, ones that know me, don't follow me to toilet, some other ty's etc. still follow me to the outside of the toilet. 3 doors away. i happened to have a few index cards in my pocket...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

bout 120 in year. 6 class rooms. Do the math.

CLassrooms are soo much easier to concentrate in. We did mocks in hall, fair bit harder. Some exam attendants, ones that know me, don't follow me to toilet, some other ty's etc. still follow me to the outside of the toilet. 3 doors away. i happened to have a few index cards in my pocket...
    I agree classrooms are way easier to concentrate in. It feels more comfortable and not as exammy if you know everyone in the room.
    In my school we have one examiner to every 15 to 18 students. and an attendant outside the door.
    its grand.
    my school is ****ed up. only three people are doing applied maths. but there are two centres operating rather than move them in all together.

my school is ****ed up. only three people are doing applied maths. but there are two centres operating rather than move them in all together.

LoL. I'm the only one doing App. Maths in our school, and yet we have two centres too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Wow...theres about fifleen in our classroom....165...?

All 218 of us in the same hall. :(

We have two exaimners in our hall. Still not enough to stop people cheating imo.

Don't forget mine! :eek:

• Advertisement

ok then......Wow 218.....

ok then......Wow 218.....

LoL. Can you imagine trying to hear an aural with all of us in the same hall and only 1 cd player? :(

Jesus that must have sucked. Mine was a bit dodgey cause i was way.....down the back of the classroom.

Jesus that must have sucked. Mine was a bit dodgey cause i was way.....down the back of the classroom.

Yeah I was way down the back.........of the hall!!!! :(

How could you even hear it down there...or if you did...were the people at the front deaf at the end of it?
    i remember the first beep was the worst...

How could you even hear it down there...or if you did...were the people at the front deaf at the end of it?
    i remember the first beep was the worst...

I couldn't hear! I think I failed my Irish Aural. :( I think I got an A2 in the papers and the oral, but that probably dropped me down to a B3, so it's really bugging me. :(

That's pretty ****, they should have split you up into separate rooms...or had multiple players sychronised...

It's about they changed from tape btw, much better quality.

That's pretty ****, they should have split you up into seperste rooms...or had multiple players sychronised...

It's about they changed from tape btw, much better quality.

Yeah I know! I had to argue really hard to have my French aural in a small room.

That's a bit ridiculous especially for something as important (or impotent as some people call it...) as your leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

in the junior cert mock we had our tape in the gym, it was a nightmere such an echo it was unreal.

Advertisement