Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best place for car parts for Fiats

Options
  • 15-06-2005 3:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

I need to get myself a new exhaust and mirror.

While the mirror would be a small purchase the exhaust will be expensive enough.
    Im just looking for the standard one, nothing fancy or supped up. I heard that getting parts in the north are much cheaper then here in the south. Are they any sites where there are lists i can see and get the prices to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Why don't you just follow another Fiat around and wait until the necessary parts fall off?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kermit_ie

Despatch wrote:
    Why don't you just follow another Fiat around and wait until the necessary parts fall off?

Shouldn't take more than a day or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

brilliant! :)

actually i'd be interested in this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 meathguy

I have a laguna2, and, as you would expect, the electrics gave up.
    Both electric front windows packed up in a few days of each other :mad:
    Rang a few main dealers in Dublin and was quoted a grand including VAT fitted. Was told it would take a day as they were tricky.
    Went to Newry, had the job done by a main dealer in an hour and a half and the car came back washed and hoovered inside....
    oh and it cost me 600 euro...
    my advice? go north

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Mirror mightn't be as cheap as you think. Electric / heated mirrors and colour-coded could cost up to 200 yoyos for one. Simple manual one might be around 80 euro.
    Alternatively, you could ring up a few breakers yards and see if they've got one for your colour car, year, etc. You might be able to pick up a decent exhaust too from a crashed car. Wouldn't expect much damage to an exhaust from a side impact to a car. Mirror from a breaker would be in the region of 20-30 quid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

a_ominous wrote:
    You might be able to pick up a decent exhaust too from a crashed car. Wouldn't expect much damage to an exhaust from a side impact to a car. Mirror from a breaker would be in the region of 20-30 quid.

What are you TALKING about!

Ive seen loads of Punto's in the breakers yards....no side impact, nor front or rear impact...............just people hated the cars and got money off the breakers.........cos garages dont take trade ins and cant sell em privately!

IM SORRY...........someone had to say it! :D

But definately the NORTH is the way forward and if you happen to be driving up that way.....the breakers over the border too! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Curran wrote:
    What are you TALKING about!

Ive seen loads of Punto's in the breakers yards....no side impact, nor front or rear impact...............just people hated the cars and got money off the breakers.........cos garages dont take trade ins and cant sell em privately!

What the hell has that got to do with what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

italian crap,i know i have a fiat

Stekelly wrote:
    What the hell has that got to do with what he said?

Ah relax.....i was just taking the p*ss out of the post before mine.....cos he said you'd get parts of crashed cars and i was saying there's loads in breakers yards that arent crashed as a joke........but not humorous then? :(

Sometimes i try too hard :o

Sorry.....see what you are getting at now......i said punto and the thread is about Fiats.....apologies!

I wont edit the thread.....so everyone can laugh at my expense :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

www.shop4parts.co.uk seeing as no one else can be bothered to help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

www.micksgarage.com might be able to help as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭30-6shooter

Are them places that ye are linking to, really any cheaper though? I mean, when you add i nthe delivery and convert the total price are they still cheaper? Surely car parts can be heavy and entail high delivery charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

well theres only one way to know

select the part price it incl del then get a quote from a garage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Curran wrote:
    Ive seen loads of Punto's in the breakers yards...................just people hated the cars and got money off the breakers.........c

Tell me,
    If they are so 'crap', and 'people hate them' so much, how come there are 'LOADS' of them in breakers yards?
    :rolleyes:

prospect wrote:
    Tell me,
    If they are so 'crap', and 'people hate them' so much, how come there are 'LOADS' of them in breakers yards?
    :rolleyes:

Cos people buy them......even though people warn them not too.........similar to the way we are trying to convince podge on the rover 75 thread not to buy one...............they buy one, then realise its a heap of junk and then dump them! :p

I was takin the p*ss a lil with the above quote! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Cheers for the 2 that actually gave me help. Got a quote for 220 just for teh part, seems steep to me.

Thought it would be around 150 or so. Cant seem to locate an exhaust anywhere on the net. Probably better off getting the northern Ireland yellow pages, ring around for the cheapest and get them to deliver it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

jank wrote:
    Cheers for the 2 that actually gave me help. Got a quote for 220 just for teh part, seems steep to me.

Thought it would be around 150 or so. Cant seem to locate an exhaust anywhere on the net. Probably better off getting the northern Ireland yellow pages, ring around for the cheapest and get them to deliver it down.

This crowd do exhausts - http://www.tuning.co.uk/fiatshop/

They're probably all performance exhausts, but they shouldn't be too raucous in case you're worried about the car sounding like a truck.

Advertisement