Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streets Of Rage

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

suppose it would be impossible to emulate that now?

sonic 2 as knuckles was pretty cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭SonicDoom2005

Plugging sonic 2 in allowed you to play as knuckles through the game instead of sonic. Sonic 2 also had a cheat if i remember, metal sonic or something? You basically turned into steel, were invincible and never lost rings plus you could defeat the bosses in 1 or 2 strikes. ruined the game for me though....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Glipmac wrote:
    all class games there... but dizzy egg was the best game of that time (impossible to complete) alas that was master system

Was that a game where you're an egg and the first level is in a forest or something? And there was another part to the game set in the future and was all pink n stuff?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

weemcd wrote:
    suppose it would be impossible to emulate that now?

sonic 2 as knuckles was pretty cool

the roms for sonic 2 and 3 attached to sonic and knuckles are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

A new version of streets of rage will suck balls. The game had its time and should be left at that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

that last level on revenge of shinobi was the most annoying thing i've ever seen in a game. i hated that maze.

anyway, games i dont think anyone else mentioned that were all great:

Kid Chameleon (what an ungodly amount of levels)
    Cyborg Justice
    Ghouls n' Ghosts (crazy hard, but at least you had infinite continues)
    Earthworm Jim (i hated the underwater submarine bit)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

skregs wrote:
    Earthworm Jim (i hated the underwater submarine bit)

Now that brings back nightmares. They hid one of the air places. It was impossible without it but also impossible to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

Plugging sonic 2 in allowed you to play as knuckles through the game instead of sonic. Sonic 2 also had a cheat if i remember, metal sonic or something? You basically turned into steel, were invincible and never lost rings plus you could defeat the bosses in 1 or 2 strikes. ruined the game for me though....

that ws the super sonic cheat u but in 4 or 5 songs into the sound test and when u got 50 rings u turn invincible and gold as the rings counted down like a timer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

that ws the super sonic cheat u but in 4 or 5 songs into the sound test and when u got 50 rings u turn invincible and gold as the rings counted down like a timer

Yeah that was super sonice, you didn't turn metal. You turned into a bigger longer spiked, yellow sonic that was immune to damage unless you fell. You needed all the gems to get it. Myself and a friend did it in 2 player, collecting all the coins on the bonus stages to get the 8 gems. The later ones are really really hard. Once you have them all get sonic to collect 50 rings, jump in the air then press jump again and you turn into super sonic. Your incredibly fast invunerable while the coins count down like a timer. Happy memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cyborg Justice

:confused:

Thats a pretty shoddy game, if I'm thinking of the right one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Well, the US market won't be getting Streets of Rage 1/2/3 because of age ratings http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59901

Damn. Fingers crossed for Europe!

And what's Vectorman ? :confused:

SofaKing wrote:
    And what's Vectorman ? :confused:

Two of the last games for the mega drive. Was a platform shoot'em up and got some great reviews. Graphics and animation were top notch for the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Cyborg justice was the side scrolling beat-em-up where you could customise your robot with different bodies and weapons and stuff. My brother loved it i thought it fairly meh.

I actually never joined a different game to sonic and knuckles :( I dont know why it never occured to me but now i'm sad.

I loved the rocket knight adventures, SoR, golden axe (didnt they start a golden axe 4 but cancelled it? I seem to vaguely remember seeing screens for it in mean machines) and Sonic series. Gunstar heroes and dynamite heddy too. damn that was a hard game. Treasure were one of the top developing houses at the time bless them.

The last boss in shinobi pi**ed me off no end. You had to beat him before the ceiling came down on your girlfriend behind you. how i cursed that fu**ers hair. Swing swing swing swing die. Never did finish it.

Then there was always....

Dr robotniks mean bean machine,
    Starflight,
    mutant league football,
    FIFA,
    Teenage mutant ninja turtles,
    Fatal Fury,
    Mortal Kombat series,
    Toejam and Earl 1&2,

and.....

Wonderboy In monster world!!!!!

A little part of me dies everytime i think about how i traded in my MD for a playstation. and i didnt even get wipeout :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

TJ AND EARL ALIEN STORM GOLDEN AXE ALTERED BEAST STREETS OF RAGE man brings back memories. I even downloaded the old midi's of each level's music including the fantastic boss music :D for nostalgia. Man it brings back the good old days. You can find them pretty easily with a search.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭nevisgod

Retr0gamer wrote:
    With Sonic 2 you could play as Knuckles. That was it. With Sonic 1 you got an infinite number of bonus stage levels from Sonic 3. Also if you plugged in another game that wasn't a sonic game you got a sonic 3 bonus stage that was unique to that game.

Cant believe Nobody mentioned this yet. Its been on on ps2 since march and the xboz for about a year. Sonic Mega Collection Plus has all the sonic games Sonic 1, 2, 3, son and knuckles and a bunch more master system and game gear titles.

"A special extended version of the popular GameCube compilation ported for the PS2, Sonic Mega Collection Plus contains 20 of the most popular Sonic the Hedgehog and SEGA Genesis titles in one convenient set. In all, this hefty anthology houses seven different Sonic games taken from the SEGA Genesis era in addition to three bonus lock-on games and six Sonic Game Gear titles. Moreover, the collection also houses perfectly emulated versions of Comix Zone, Flicky, Ristar, and The Ooze, as well as an interactive Sonic the Hedgehog museum complete with art, comics, and historical info."

When i bought it new it was 40 euro so it should be cheaper now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

However the worst was the level before the boss which involved a huge maze that had to be learned off otherwise you could end up back at the start of the level if you took the wrong door.

Absolutely HATED that bit with the maze :(

Anyone remember E-Swat, you played as a cop for the first few levels, then became a kinda robot-y guy á la Robocop, except you were much bulkier? I remember getting utterly stuck on some level with purple ooze that came down from the ceiling and squished you and/or blocked the path :mad:

Streets of Rage 1+2 were classics, I remember being a bit disappointed with #3. Blaze rocked, my hamster was named after her :o
    Loved Alien Storm too, especially when you'd call down the big missile strike to clear the screen.

My brother traded in our MegaDrive and all our games in '95 for a PS1, bad choice in retrospect! I'll never sell my NES or SNES!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

O yes the megadrive, best console ever in my opinion the years of playing it then my bro sold it like s d1ck and i had to rebuy it myself.found it bout 6 months ago and ive been trying to beat shinobi since.That and duke nukem on the ps1 were the only 2 games i seriously played and never finished.cant forget golden axe though in my opinion better than the allready brilliant streets of rage.Anyone know where i can track down old megadrive games cuz i got a perfectly working megadrive and i want some new kickass games.O yea another thing bout the megadrive most of the games music was brilliant too, simple but brilliant.

I remember playing this kickass game though and i cant remember the name of it.It had something to do with zombies or ghosts or somethin and one of the only things i can remember about it was there was a level with a kinda garden maze thingy and you could go on a trampoline.it was one of those games that you looked down at your charecter gta style.Can anyone out there tell me what this is?

A great game ill never forget is taz that was anothereat platformer very similar to a 2d version of crash me thinks.

The game is zombies ate my neighbours. Fantastic 2-player game. Snes version was better IMO. you can try the shop on talbot street for old MD games. However they are a rip-off. Your best bet is to try E-bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

damn man

i need the wires for my MD ..any of you's know where you can buy md's games and or wires?

Sor 1 and 3 were the best imho :D
    Golden AXe rocked man

i have all the old md games on my hd great for playing over and over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone remember E-Swat, you played as a cop for the first few levels, then became a kinda robot-y guy á la Robocop, except you were much bulkier? I remember getting utterly stuck on some level with purple ooze that came down from the ceiling and squished you and/or blocked the path

Jesus, that was a terrible game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement