Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DEUTSCH (German non germanic fools!)

• 15-06-2005 3:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

any1 else doin the German paper this year? i am and i reckon i'll either get a C or a B. even though i've been workin the letter writing is just an apsolute killer. It's so hard to learn everythin cause there's never a garunteed topic that'll come up. I'd just sit there and stare at the paper and wonder wat i'm gonna do for the letter writing. If lucks on my side (which most often it isnt something i've learnt will come up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

german is so piss i got 83% in the mocks without studyin so lookin for an A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

german is as easy as the proverbial cheese.

that's VERY easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

I didn't study at all for the mock and I thought it was easy, got a B.
    I'm hoping for an A but whatever I get I get. I think the easiest part is the tape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pascal Du Carte

elefant wrote:
    german is as easy as the proverbial cheese.

that's VERY easy.

What a bowzie. German is bang easy i didn't start it until christmas and i got a B in the mocks

lol n1 its an easy A during my xmas exams i got an A in it (86%) then i dropped to (83%) in the mocks hopin for an A this time coz it is soooo piss letter and postcard is the only thing u need to focus on

• Advertisement

Yeah the letter can be annoying. I'm hopeless at all the grammar really, especially the past tense.
    I like the weirdness in German. I'm not sure what mock paper ye got, but did anyone get the comprehension with the children who thought their father was hiding in a tree? It was so weird! It said something about a garage, getting a television and the boy sitting, so I thought the boy had put the TV under the tree to get the father to come down. I thought it was a crazy wrong answer but wrote it anyway. It was right! :p
    A load of my class didn't write anything because they didn't understand it and thought it was really strange. I just thought it was a funny story. Our teacher said it was too crazy to be on the paper, and that we should mark ourselves without including that part!

our teacher gave us the 2002 1 for some reason

The 2002 mock paper?

yeh 2002 mock
    btw thanx to my teacher for giving us notes :D lol

My teacher's good I suppose, but I bit crazy. She's German, and acts a lot like a hippy and comes out with some crazy things, but you gotta love her! :p
    To treat the class at the end of the year she suggested bringing the class on a mini bus to her tiny house in the country for a barbeque! Then she suggested cooking sausages with the open fire in her sitting room!
    We took the safer option, and had a small party in the school.

• Advertisement

bratwurst on teh fire lol!

She really would do that and all! In her sitting room! :rolleyes:

our german teacher pwns she retired at the end of this year and then we had a surprise party in her last class with flowers and all and we made a cake lol

ALERT ich will is not I will it is I want Ich werde is I will

hey ppl what did y'all think of that. I thought the listening comprehension was easy along with the written comprehension. The articles were pretty simple and I thought that the small comprehensions were so easy. The written expression was ok but i think i messed up the verb locations the letter was good but the space wasnt enough for each question 1 - 6 which was kind of annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Jakkass wrote:
    the letter was good but the space wasnt enough for each question 1 - 6 which was kind of annoying
    Why didn't you ask for more paper?

Well there was also a time thing so i didnt bother, there was only 3 mins when i was done the letter

I thought everything was easy enough, except for the letter. That would've been ok too because we have done tonnes of letters practically the same, if I had studied, but I didn't, so it's my own fault.
    The rest of it was grand though. I was hoping for an A, but that letter might bring me down, but then again, it mightn't.

i studied last night thro all those notes. I used the future tense in the last point of the note and i screwed up with the order of the verb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Kenshi

Yeah German is piss. I got an A in the real exam. I visit Germany regurlarily- In fact I am here now with a family I know. Tchüss

• Advertisement
Advertisement