Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Games Forum

Options
  • 15-06-2005 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Why? I assume this has been a mistake, if not, a PM would have been nice. :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Ah, Amp banned me.

"OP banned for not reading charter. Thread locked. Forum suggestions go in the Forums forum"
    Usually if a thread is posted in the incorrect forum, its moved not locked. Why is this case different?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Seems a tad harsh alright. I think Amp had a hard morning chasing a spammer around a bit, so maybe he is just tired and grumpy. Amps a guy right?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Draupnir wrote:
    Amps a guy right?

maybe
    <_<
    >_>

OP
    amp is a self confessed nazi mod
    he doesn't do PM's

Not sure if Amps male or female. I feel like ive been bullied. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Possibly by a woman, too, for all you know. Oh, the shame...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Did you read the charter before you posted? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

im not so sure sexuality is an issue thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

0. Ignoring this charter.
    This charter is stickied, has an icon and the text is in caps. Anybody we think hasn't read the charter or chooses to ignore it will result whatever action we feel necessary at the time. This includes wedgies. We are sick of telling people to read this charter.

Looking elsewhere
    Do not post to Games asking for a new forum to be created. Do this in Forums.

I see my mistake now Seamus.

Is the Games forum special in some way? I mean, If someone posts a thread in the wrong forum its usually moved to the correct forum. I was feckin banned and thread locked. My thread is still valid and I would like to see it active in the Forums forum (god that sounds so dumb, Forums forum, what next)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Loobz wrote:

Is the Games forum special in some way? I mean, If someone posts a thread in the wrong forum its usually moved to the correct forum. I was feckin banned and thread locked. My thread is still valid and I would like to see it active in the Forums forum (god that sounds so dumb, Forums forum, what next)
    Depends on the mod at the time. There's no general rule about moving threads. The ban rule exists on after hours because every second thread had to be moved, so I started banning people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Loobz wrote:
    If someone posts a thread in the wrong forum its usually moved to the correct forum.
    Yes, because we've all got nothing better to do than run around after people who are too thick to work out where to post. Coming soon is a new service where we'll hold your hand for you as you cross the road.

Moderators doing helpful things is something you should be grateful for. Not something you get to bitch about when it doesn't happen.

Incidentally, I think I was the first moderator to implement the "not reading the rules is against the rules" rule. Nice to see it at work elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

not to pick on you when you are down loobz but your sig is also breaking the rules ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Loobz wrote:

You were banned for not reading the charter which specifically says not to post forum suggestions in the games forum. Other off-topic posts are either moved or locked depending on their nature.

You see, if you'd read the charter you'd actually see that it has evolved over time and grown. The reason Forum suggestions are particularly mentioned is because we got sick of moving them to Feedback and now Forums.

Talliesin wrote:
    Incidentally, I think I was the first moderator to implement the "not reading the rules is against the rules" rule. Nice to see it at work elsewhere.

Um, I think we both came up with it independently. I'm neither a pagan nor a programmer. There are times I wish I was. Especially since Aunty Gemima left me her goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

you dont need to be a pagan to sacrifice goats.

or milk them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Loobz wrote:
    Usually if a thread is posted in the incorrect forum, its moved not locked. Why is this case different?

please tell me im not the only one to see the magical irony in this sentence?

you dont need to be a pagan to sacrifice goats.

or milk them.

I meant programmers.

amp wrote:
    Um, I think we both came up with it independently. I'm neither a pagan nor a programmer. There are times I wish I was. Especially since Aunty Gemima left me her goats.
    Ah, but I did mention that rule in the mods forum long ago I'm sure (back when there was no Paganism forum, and no Forums forum and all this was fields)

rule envy tbh :p

Talliesin wrote:
    Ah, but I did mention that rule in the mods forum long ago I'm sure (back when there was no Paganism forum, and no Forums forum and all this was fields)

I stuck it in when I got sick of people not reading the charter. But if it's the glory you want then:

ALL HAIL TALLIESIN! CREATOR OF THE NOT READING THE RULES = BAN

Happy?

• Advertisement

How long is the ban

RuggieBear wrote:
    not to pick on you when you are down loobz but your sig is also breaking the rules ;)

Is it? Im not sure how. Is it the font colour? Or perhaps the font itself? Could be the size of the Gif. Maybe even the fact that it suggests that playing Pacman makes people neck a few yokes while listening to a few Choonz. :p Please, tell me why it breaks the rules. I havent done one thing wrong for the past God knows how long and now its all coming out in one day. Sheesh. :o

Loobz wrote:
    Please, tell me why it breaks the rules.
    Since you've learnt from this experience and read them, please tell us why it doesn't.

Could be the fact that the size of the gif is 26.24 kB. It should be 20KB in size.
    Do I win a prize? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Loobz wrote:
    I havent done one thing wrong for the past God knows how long and now its all coming out in one day. Sheesh. :o
    GET A HAIRCUT HIPPY!

Loobz wrote:
    Could be the fact that the size of the gif is 26.24 kB. It should be 20KB in size.
    Do I win a prize? lol

That's only one of the violations... :p

RuggieBear wrote:
    That's only one of the violations... :p

Happy now? Im not :p
    By the way, did u check the size of the gif when u originally said my sig breaks the rules? Or did u just spot a different violation that im too stoopid to see.

rkm wrote:
    GET A HAIRCUT HIPPY!

Hahahahahahaha

Oh, and Amp, you didnt answer my question.

tbh, read this thread, especially the first post

you had an image and text....tis not a biggie

• Advertisement

Cool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement