Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB response

• 15-06-2005 4:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭

I sent a few questions to IBB via their webpage on Monday as I want to find out more before I start forking out cash for their product, would've thought that I should get a reply the following day but still no sign of one. How long does it usually take them to respond to e-mails (and how is this supposed to encourage people to sign up)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I have never got a response to an email ever.

The best thing to do is to ring them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Shiny wrote:
    I have never got a response to an email ever.

The best thing to do is to ring them.
    Bugger..., thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Same here. I e-mailed a query about a month ago. No response.

I think its refreshing to see an ISP abandoning e-mail in favour of telephony. Refreshing, and stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

eMail sent christmas week '04 still awaiting a reply - had initially put it down to festive holidays etc but .....erm......guess not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭steve-o

Yep, their webpage and support ticket system are a cruel joke. When I switched to Smart, I wanted to know how to return my Ripwave. There is no information on their website so I used the "Contact Us" page to submit a query and I emailed the support address also show on that page. There was no response to either, so 2 weeks later, not wanting to pay another month's rental, I returned my Ripwave by registered post with a cover letter. They ignored it when it arrived and billed me for June and only actually processed it when I phoned to complain. The guy I spoke to pretty much admitted that the only way to contact them is by phone and said it was my fault that the Ripwave wasn't processed immediately when they got it because I hadn't returned it the "proper" way. Good riddance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Yes there is a proper way to return (crap) ripwave.

All you had to do was give them a ring.

Then they cancell it and send out a courier to collect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

IBB email response=never

Dont even know why they bother offering it on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Because if they didnt offer email support then POTENTIAL customers might brand them as unprofessional. As opposed to their ACTUAL customers branding them an unprofessional... and incompetant!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Quite frankly IBB (along with Dell) have the most incompetent customer service. I've never come across anything remotely as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Red Alert wrote:
    Quite frankly IBB (along with Dell) have the most incompetent customer service. I've never come across anything remotely as bad.
    Seconded, but only when referring to email support. Their phone-in support ain't quite so bad. Its not great, but it ain't terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Because if they didnt offer email support then POTENTIAL customers might brand them as unprofessional. As opposed to their ACTUAL customers branding them an unprofessional... and incompetant!

could not have put it better myself - that perfectly sums it all up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I used the email system when ordering and they were very prompt with the reply. I went ahead and ordered IBB Breeze. That was a month ago. Somebody rang me about the installation but I missed the call and accidentally deleted the message with the contact details. I rang them to ask to speak to someone in relation to this. Felt like I wasasking them wht the meaning of life was.Couldnt help me. Then emailed the sales rep I ordered through. Never got a reply. So Monday morning last I sent him another email cancelling my order. No reply to that either. Useless bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

***** STOP THE PRESS *****

I got a reply to my query this morning. Maybe somebody read this thread? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

+1

I fully agree with that comment. I'm really starting to despise them...

Sent about oh, I don't know, 34 e-mails in total and I got oh, about 0 replies... And ringing them isn't even free! Spent over €100 EUR (yeah €100 EUR!) calling them in total (considering you hold for 5-10 minutes each time you need to ring... And you need to ring them EVERY DAY!)... Pffffffff

My advise to everyone: keep away from them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Phoned them twice earlier, no waiting on the phone, talked to two lovely girls, extremely pleasant and helpful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

+1

I fully agree with that comment. I'm really starting to despise them...

Sent about oh, I don't know, 34 e-mails in total and I got oh, about 0 replies... And ringing them isn't even free! Spent over €100 EUR (yeah €100 EUR!) calling them in total (considering you hold for 5-10 minutes each time you need to ring... And you need to ring them EVERY DAY!)... Pffffffff

My advise to everyone: keep away from them.

A complete Joke, do you know Stephano you can get 100 pings on dial up ! I really think its better than IBB!!

feylya wrote:
    Phoned them twice earlier, no waiting on the phone, talked to two lovely girls, extremely pleasant and helpful.

Did they sort your problem out? could you share the nature of the problem?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Well, in fairness it was a sales enquiry and then I ordered the package so it wasn't tech support but it was the same enquiry as Mr Angry made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Somebody must have read this thread as I have just received a response to a mail I sent on the 25th may

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote:
    Somebody must have read this thread as I have just received a response to a mail I sent on the 25th may

a substantive response or just an acknowledgement ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Drapper wrote:
    a substantive response or just an acknowledgement ?

well it answered my question about upgrade (which I had found out here in the meantime)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

in the past few months I have sent 2-3 emails and no response. its a trend

Advertisement