Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Higher Music

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

scorpy wrote:
    HALLELUJAH!

Heh. Yeah, I thought that was a rather appropriate choice for Q. 6 on the listening paper.

I found the listening fairly ok, but the composing section was a tad confusing, as scorpy mentioned, the actual key signature of Q. 1 was sort of dodgy (I went with C min) and the bassline in the harmony (Q. 4) was pretty complicated.

Not a bad pair of papers overall I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I got confused as fúck in that composing paper!! I did out my rough work in c min, but it didnt seem right for me at all. So i did Eb maj....uh-oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

a lot of people seem to have done that.

Rach 3 as the test piece was nice!

PS. ITS SUMMER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gaagirl

it was c minor alright. i thought that composing paper was DIRTY. and gerald barry as q1!!!! that was so unfair, if they were gonna give a minor melody they should have at least gone easy on us in the harmony. but no they couldnt coz theyre MEAN BA*TARDS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ali*

yeah, after the aural paper, i had this awful feeling in my stomach that we'd get a wicked composing paper, or maybe i was just hungry. At least everyone thought it was hard, they still need the same amount of A's, maybe they'll be okish on the marking. it's over, hallelujah!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

I was actually surprised that the barry question was so easy. it was a really nice question - they all were! even though I totally got the tchai section wrong. I put down 'development' instead of exposition, but hey - one question out of ten marks is hardly worth sweating over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭rosa

scorpy wrote:
    I was actually surprised that the barry question was so easy. it was a really nice question - they all were! even though I totally got the tchai section wrong. I put down 'development' instead of exposition, but hey - one question out of ten marks is hardly worth sweating over.

yeah I said development too. For some unknown reason I was absolutely convinced that I could hear the Friar Laurence theme so I deduced that it must be development. Dunno where i got that from! Thought it was a pretty fair paper overall, I had a feeling the minor melody would come up so was prepared. Didn't like the bass in Q5 of composition, took a lot of concentration when all I wanted was to finish and get the hell out of there!don't know if there's any Kilkenny people here but if so head to Langtons tonight, gonna be mad crack!

Advertisement