Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish in America websites

• 15-06-2005 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to advertise on American Websites ....targeted at Irish Americans, and also Irish Ex-Pats living in America.

Budget is quite small, so if you have any suggestions I'd be grateful.

Also, do you know of any chat rooms/discussion boards like boards.ie that the Irish in America would visit on a regular basis to chat etc....

Cheers

Culchie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Brendan552004

I have two sons in the US. They read on-line Irish Newspapers every day. They are more up to date than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Check out Ezboards. You'll find them at www.ezboards.com and they have loads of discussion boards. Many of them are of interest to Irish-Americans. EZboards had a major problem following a virus and hacker attack recently, so a lot of their boards are not working properly and have lost a lot of their forums, but that should be fixed soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Checked out that Ezboards .... nothing seems to be there in the line of chat rooms or discussion forums.

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

To advertise to the Irish American market, you need to contact IRISH websites that can geo-target American users. Most can. Why not contact someone like salesonline - http://www.salesonline.ie/ - and talk to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

My mistake. It is www.ezboard.com that you need to go to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭leftofcentre

You can buy the US traffic to irish sites. No one usually wants this so you should be able to get it for next to nothing.

What are you trying to promote? I have worked in online marketing for 5 years and to be frank a lot of the time you may as well spend the money on drink and fags, for all the success you will have with most advertising. Google is the best bet.

Fire me some details and i will point you in the right direction.

Advertisement