Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**Spoilers** The "Monster"

• 15-06-2005 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend and I just got through watching season 1 last night, so we're both kinda hungry about information regarding the next season. So we went looking.

Anyway.. I went to oceanic-air.com (an official "lost" site) and played about with it for a while (track flight - flight 815 - the 'cursed' numbers). That was cute and all. But on the front page, there's a load of stuff hidden underneath the text on the right. So I disabled stylesheets in Firefox and.. whoa.

(for anyone that can't be bothered, just check http://oceanic-air.com/images/oa_front-letter1a.jpg)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

jj abrams? I dont get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

you realise thats fake right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

tvnutz wrote:
    you realise thats fake right?
    It looks a little like a red herring, but not "fake".

jj abrams? I dont get it?
    Look at the bit that they crossed out - a description of the "monster". As well as a name for it - mapinguari

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think its a red herring too, but dammit, its well done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

i didnt mean it was a fake as in some fan made it up,its a fake made up by the makers...i read it in an interview,i cant remember why it was made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

It's definitely from the producers, though it is a red herring. The script style is very much in the vein of how those scenes would be written. The end-part of a Sun/Kate scene would have actually been quite interesting had it been real. The Charlie scene is probably their way of making up for not showing us more than that 2-5% of the monster, (though they'd have been wiser to make up a fake scene about the inside of the hatch, as people were move peeved they didn't get information on that one.)

As for the Mapinguari - doubt it'd ever be remotely as lame as a bigfoot-type monster.

Blingarella - if you're asking who JJ Abrams is (the name written kind of watermarked up the sheet), he's an executive producer and co-creator on the show. The idea, presumably, that this sheet came 'from his desk.'

doh.ie wrote:
    As for the Mapinguari - doubt it'd ever be remotely as lame as a bigfoot-type monster.
    I agree - a bigfoot-type monster would be lame.
    But a robotic bigfoot-type monster? Oh man.

On a more serious note... there's a good chance this is at least partly true.
    In the final episode, Locke is dragged through the jungle by this thing, presumably by a tentacle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

ObeyGiant wrote:
    I agree - a bigfoot-type monster would be lame.
    But a robotic bigfoot-type monster? Oh man.

Yep... Would be cool. Remember Terry O'Quinn was told that for his "Walkabout" encounter with the monster (or the 'good' monster if it turns out there are two), he was looking at "the most beautiful thing you have ever seen." (producers' words)

So while I do reckon if has a certain mechanical quality to it, I'm not sure it would look like any creature we'd recognise.

Advertisement