Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

French open table language classes

• 15-06-2005 5:44pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I lived in Strasbourg (France, not Germany) there were many places to go during the weeks called language nights. People could sit down at a table of their choice and speak whatever language was being spoken at the table, as long as it wasn't your native language. It was a good way to learn the language. Is there anything like this in Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I recently worked with a guy who attends Spanish conversation nights in the central library in the ILAC centre. I don't know if it's on there now, as the ILAD is a bit of a building site and I thought the library was closed at the moment.

But I think it was along the lines of an English speaker chatting with a Spanish speaker and they changed language half way through to give both sides a chance to practice the language not native to them.

There may be other nights with French as the language.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

ok cheers, I'll investigate that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Mordecai

In Deansgrange library they have different language sessinos on different days.

www.dlrcoco.ie, then link to library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Yup, in the central library they have language exchanges on most weeknights. Wednesday night between 6 and 8 is the French one.

Advertisement